Weekday divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AzAtty:
My goal is 100 new, quality logged dives this year. Aggressive for Arizona, but it works out to a few days each month with two to three dives per day. I'm looking to redevelop and my skills--task loading until I break, then do it some more. I'm big on the training end of things, so I don't care if someone wants to spend an hour at fifteen feet working on clearing a mask; I'm up for it. I grew up in low vis water, so I won't turn up my nose at Saguaro, either.

I have both Hogarthian kits and the "rec" setup; I prefer the former but I'll need to spend time on the latter for teaching purposes. And I do have doubled PST LP104's which I have willed to StephenAsh in the event of my untimely demise. Which is why I don't know if I'd ever dive with him again--there might be a mysterious "accident" in which my doubles miraculously survive (Hippocratic oath doesn't apply if the patient is a lawyer, right?) :D

Thanks for the responses, all. I'll likely be contacting some of you in the near future.

100 dives isn't too bad for AZ. We've been logging 130+ a year for the past few years. Of course about half of those are away from AZ.

As for the set up and types of dives - sounds good. We dive Hog rigs and during the weekday dives can usually be found in 15-20' of water in our doubles running reels and practicing bottle drops and pickups. We're planning on doing a simulated "cave dive" in the next couple of months for stamina purposes. We have a dive we want to do but it requires a 1500' swim to get to the jump, and that's a long way to swim (no scooters allowed), so we're kind of working up to the marathon... I'll understand if you don't want to join us on that one, but you're more than welcome to join us for part of it.

I'll let you know when we head up during the week.

justin957:
Retired at 44?? I'm in the WRONG business... :confused:
I chose a Military career path. Not for everyone, but now I can dive anytime, anyday.
Best wishes Justin in your early retirement as well......Mike

That sounds fantastic. I'm making a concerted effort to find a project in Akumal so I can do Cave I there, so I'm up for any kind of training in that direction. The distance you mentioned isn't terribly scary, as I'm working up to triathlon distance swims (it'll take a few months--I spent too many years at a desk). Whatever makes me a better diver.

Let me know if you have a schedule for weekends, too. With enough advance notice (like several weeks--my wife has the next six months of projects planned for me) I could swing a weekend.

PM me a list of what equipment you're carrying on the dives (aside from the standard Hog kit), and I'll check my inventory to see what items I get to buy.

AzAtty:
That sounds fantastic. I'm making a concerted effort to find a project in Akumal so I can do Cave I there, so I'm up for any kind of training in that direction. The distance you mentioned isn't terribly scary, as I'm working up to triathlon distance swims (it'll take a few months--I spent too many years at a desk). Whatever makes me a better diver.

Let me know if you have a schedule for weekends, too. With enough advance notice (like several weeks--my wife has the next six months of projects planned for me) I could swing a weekend.

PM me a list of what equipment you're carrying on the dives (aside from the standard Hog kit), and I'll check my inventory to see what items I get to buy.

I'm full cave certified as well. Would love to work on skills out at the lake.

jcf

AzAtty:

It might be easier to find a project in N. Florida. Besides, you haven't cave dived until you dived the high flow systems!

1500' isn't too bad, but we're doing it with a stage, so a little more drag. The switch happens after the jump.

Rig - double 85s, Oxycheq dual bladder wing, AL plate with Hog harness, cannister light, 2 back up lights, safety reel, jump reel (number depends on number of planned jumps), 2 cutting tools (short blunt tip and z knife), line arrows and cookies. I think that's basically it. My wife dives the same rig except doubles 95s, steel plate, and the spare mask.

We'll be at the lake the 24th and 25th, but we're teach a couple of classes. If you can sneak away though, we may have some time on the 25th to play. I'll let you know for sure about that.

With all the extra money you're making, just hire a stand in to take care of your projects while you're out diving. LOL :D

Back
Top Bottom