Weekday divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AzAtty

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I am the victim of NDS Syndrome*, a not-uncommon malady that severely limits diving on the weekends. Do we have a list of folks who regularly dive on the weekdays? Although all but about one of my weekends is usually taken, my weekdays are generally wide open (or can be made so unless a court date is involved), so I'm looking for regular (or semi-regular) weekday partners.

*Non-Diving Spouse Syndrome: an unfortunate condition suffered by divers in which the diver's spouse or significant other cannot comprehend the diver's need for frequent immersion in deep water. The condition results in dry skin, extremely low residual nitrogen time, extended surface intervals, reduced log book entries, secret equipment purchases, and acute diver depression.

We're up at the lake on weekdays on occasion. What kind of diving are you interested in doing?

PM Granny on this forum, he lives close to the lake and is retired(?), he's always looking for dive buddies anytime. He's a regular dive buddy of mine.

Another source you may try is the "Local Diving" forum at http://bbs.scubaspecialties.com

Currently I'm unemployed; taking some time off and contemplating what I want to do for the next 25-30 years of my life, so I may be up for a weekday dive.

-Garrett

I also am available to do week day dives...usually on a Monday or possibly on a Friday....Let me know if that works for you!!!

Welcome back, stanger. Long time no see. I thought you had given up diving! (I was gonna call you to see if I could buy your twin 104s!)

Anyway... good to see you posting again. Oh... and thanks for the help awhile back... it was very much appreciated.

Diving during the week? What... are you full partner now... get to take off anytime you want?

Hey there, Dr. Ash! I took a forced break from diving for a few years, and I'm finally in the position where I can do things I enjoy on my own time (well, subject to the wife's agreement on the weekends). I rejected the large law firm model, took a general counsel position with an international real estate development company, and I maintain a small stable of moneyed clients, so now I work about half as much as I did a year ago and make twice as much. The quality of my life has improved dramatically, and I get to do what I like. And man, do I get to work on some cool projects. I decided to get that pesky instructor certification I've been wanting for 20 years, so I'm back to dive.

My goal is 100 new, quality logged dives this year. Aggressive for Arizona, but it works out to a few days each month with two to three dives per day. I'm looking to redevelop and my skills--task loading until I break, then do it some more. I'm big on the training end of things, so I don't care if someone wants to spend an hour at fifteen feet working on clearing a mask; I'm up for it. I grew up in low vis water, so I won't turn up my nose at Saguaro, either.

I have both Hogarthian kits and the "rec" setup; I prefer the former but I'll need to spend time on the latter for teaching purposes. And I do have doubled PST LP104's which I have willed to StephenAsh in the event of my untimely demise. Which is why I don't know if I'd ever dive with him again--there might be a mysterious "accident" in which my doubles miraculously survive (Hippocratic oath doesn't apply if the patient is a lawyer, right?) :D

Thanks for the responses, all. I'll likely be contacting some of you in the near future.

Hello. True I'm retired. 44 years old and I dive the Lake as often as I can find a buddy.
PM me and I'll go anytime, any day....Mike

I'm up for a week day dive as well, as my job typically has me working on the weekends so this works out well.

More of an afternoon diver on weekdays. My schedule is flexible. PM me when you are thinking about heading up. A couple of days notice works well.

John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom