Week 3 Theme: Other Invertebrates, non nudis/flatworms

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Ok...I'll start again this week! Let's see those other invertebrates that get overlooked in our nudi, flatworm, clam shots...

Here's a different view of an old favourite. Taken in heavy current, this sea apple was happily enjoying the floating buffet.

Love the colors in that one! And the cool little frilly bits... very neat.

Here's a cool cowrie shot; very autumnal colors:

IMAG0082_1.sized.jpg

And one of my all-time favorites from our collection; an egg-yolk jellyfish off Catalina:

IMAG0003.sized.jpg

I'm new at photography all-together, much less while underwater. However, I wanted to participate :)

jelly_edit.jpg

Thanks!

No idea, but we saw quite a few of these fella's cruising along on this particular dive. Pics were taken about 2 months ago at Ft. Pickens(Pensacola, Florida). They were 14-16" around and were often accompanied by fish hanging around the tentacle area. This is the best pic I have of it, I do have a small video of it cruising along(with the fish) but my host doesn't allow hosting videos.

Here is a Red Pencil Sea Urchin taken at Kona. Hawaii last year. This is my first photo posting, hope it works.

Red%20Pencil%20Sea%20Urchin%20800%20x%20600%202.jpg

I've got a Long Spined Sea Urchin

abf.sized.jpg

Not sure what kind of anemone this is, it isn't in Humann's books...

aab.sized.jpg

Back
Top Bottom