Week 3 Theme: Other Invertebrates, non nudis/flatworms

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LOL....that's usually the look I get AFTER the strobe goes off!

justleesa:
a very rare type of black urchin....

Very cute!

I should mention to those that commented on my pics that they're all taken by my husband... I just point at stuff and hold kelp out of the way. :) We have a deal: on land, I'm camera girl; underwater, it's all Jeff!

Invertebrates have always been our favorite subjects... cause they don't zip away as soon as you get close! It's a nice change from the many pictures of fish butts.

alaity47:
Very cute!

I should mention to those that commented on my pics that they're all taken by my husband... I just point at stuff and hold kelp out of the way. :) We have a deal: on land, I'm camera girl; underwater, it's all Jeff!

Invertebrates have always been our favorite subjects... cause they don't zip away as soon as you get close! It's a nice change from the many pictures of fish butts.
I hear ya!

Ok, heres an urchin (not as cute as justleesa's) and an anemone. This is cool. Its nice to have a few mediocre pics to post.

Dee, I forgot to mention, the crispness/sharpness in your photos is unbelievable! Any idea what f-stop you were using on the anemone and urchin? Unbelievable.

The first is a comb jelly. I think the second is a siphonophore. Even if it's not a siphonophore I know what it IS "phore" - stinging the snot out of my lip when I got one between my mask and reg :crying:.

gt2003:
Ok, heres an urchin (not as cute as justleesa's) and an anemone. This is cool. Its nice to have a few mediocre pics to post.
Well I'm sure I could open its eyes...lol

Yeah, I know what you're saying. I got tagged by something around my mustache area (I am mustache free) last week that I never saw. Maybe a small jelly or something, but it HURT. It definitely got my attention. Good luck and good diving to all. Greg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom