Webbing protectors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did find the protection sleeving at Scuba Center in MN. Ordered a few feet along with some extra tri glides. Sound be in business by Saturday. Also trying some different dry gloves, Viking Good Grips with wrist seals. I like the warmth of my three fingers, but hate the loss of dexterity. Will keep you posted on the results.:D

Well the webbing sleeving and the tri glides showed up. Installed both items and gotta say, she no move no more!!
Thanks for all of the input and thoughts on this problem.:D

ajtoady.-First of all I agree with the posters that say to smooth/round off the edges of the backplate slot.
BUT if not happy with that then I'd go to a local auto wrecker/dismantler.-Seat belts will provide you with a hard plastic u channel that will clip into the slot Its desighned to do exactly what you need done.-Ie the seat belt slides over it If thats not what you have in mind you'll find MOST have a section of covered webbing

Never had a plate cut into webbing until I bought a Hollis Al plate, after about 15 dives the damage was very noticeable particularly at the shoulders at first I added some sleeves from DGX, then I stopped using the plate. On my steel plate I too use belt slides/weight keepers.

Never seen that problem with Halcyon plates
I could post pictures of it with my own H plates and H webbing, but I won't. I'll just affirm that it can and :wink: does happen. But mine are really, really old, and they didn't come with tri-glides, which I had to install later. Think I'll buy the ever-dip anyway and coat the edges of the slots.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom