Webbing protectors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ajtoady

Contributor
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
OK Here's the question, where can you purchase the webbing protectors or anti-chafing sleeves you should use where the webbing threads through the back plate slots? Been to a bunch of online vendors but no luck. Any advice would be appreciated. I know that if I purchase a new harness some of the manufacturers supply them. Thanks, Tony

You could just paint the area you want to protect with a product like Ever-Dip. This is the stuff people use to coat the handles of tools and can be found at any hardware store. It can also be used to paint areas of your wetsuit that tend to get chaffed. It is cheap and can easily be reapplied as needed.

I wouldn't even bother. I've never seen any significant wear there--it's not like the webbing is moving in the slot.

Have to agree with ron above.
The edge of the webbing will probably get a bit fluffy, but in my experience, even the less "finished" plates like early Oxycheq the webbing will last many, many years.

If your plate is rough around the edges, buy a gummy stone or small needle file kit to smooth it out. A rough edge will tear into the nylon tubing over time. Might as well solve the problem instead of trying to work around it.

Never seen that problem with Halcyon plates

Reactions: RJP
If all else fails, cut a small section of bicycle tire tubing and thread it through with the webbing like a sleeve.

I use 2" bicycle tire discarded at all bike stores. Not only keeps chafing down, but stops movement of webbing moving in slots. Takes minutes to put on. Have done it for years.

Back
Top Bottom