Wear Crocs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deco_martini

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
They're stealing the flip flops now:

From the Bonaire Shore Diving Made Easy FB Page:
The creeps are at it again. Went down south with some first time visitors who were welcomed to shore diving by having various items of clothing taken from my truck. In value it wasn't much, my shorts and reef flip flops, his hat, her dress. I had warned them beforehand not to bring anything of value. What a pity that although we had a couple really fun dives we ended by having this experience.

Do thieves really want flip flops or is that just stealing as a form of trolling?

Do thieves really want flip flops or is that just stealing as a form of trolling?

I have never had any problem with old flip-flops held together with a little duct tape.

stinky flip flops work well too

Also, on a related note, don't leave flip flops on the beach in Costa Rica when you are out surfing.

Thanks for the reminder to pack the disposable flip flops and t-shirts.

As the old adage says...

"I cried because I had no shoes... until I met a man who had no [-]feet[/-] flip-flops."

no good shoes, don't bring bad shoes, can't bring trashed shoes, I guess it's down to maybe making duct tape shoes now

Just don't take shoes you mind going missing. In another post it was mentioned they were Reef brand flip flops which are usually leather uppers and nice.

My 10 year old pair of ugly crocs though? Better for walking on ironshore/coral, and even thieves don't want em.

Thieves probably wouldn't even take NEW crocs. :)

Last trip to Bonaire someone smashed the back window and put a SpareAir and some SplitFins in our truck - bastards!

Not impling your flops are there, but there is a flip flop tree on the beach road,, if you need a new pair of old pair try the tree :)

---------- Post added October 13th, 2014 at 11:13 PM ----------

no good shoes, don't bring bad shoes, can't bring trashed shoes, I guess it's down to maybe making duct tape shoes now

LOL,, this was a great how to make a flip flop video, too funny, i guess you could duck tape any type of bottom to the flop , great idea!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom