Wear Crocs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like the flip flops, but why not just do it the simple way and apply duct tape, sticky side up, directly to the bottoms of the feet? Harder to steal that way.

Probably going to have to sooner or later as they thefts progress to stealing your handmade duct tape flip flops to stealing the peeled off duct tape from the bottom of the feet. Best probably to leave all your shoes at home, just go barefoot.

In as much as you need hard soled boots to shore dive Bonaire, why are you wearing flip-flops anyway? I wear nothing but my diving boots - nothing to leave in the truck and don't have to change.

In as much as you need hard soled boots to shore dive Bonaire, why are you wearing flip-flops anyway? I wear nothing but my diving boots - nothing to leave in the truck and don't have to change.

Some people take the truck out in the morning, do their diving, their lunch break, do some more diving, maybe pick up a few things at a store, and don't return to their accommodations until late in the day. I know that's common for my group. I don't really want to wear soggy dive boots for all that, nor do I want to wear out the soles of my dive boots walking around town.

The routine we got into was two dives in the morning, return to our place to swap batteries/lenses/charge batteries/eat lunch/relax at lunch and then swap tanks and do two more dives in the afternoon. Buddy dive (where we get tanks) prefers if you don't take more than two tanks at a time per person so between camera maintenance and tanks, all day excursions aren't happening for us.

Generally speaking I would wear my dive boots to drive the truck, and therefore never had to worry about my stanky flip flops getting poached. They never seemed to poach our tshirts and floppy hats or refilled water bottles either.....

The routine we got into was two dives in the morning, return to our place to swap batteries/lenses/charge batteries/eat lunch/relax at lunch and then swap tanks and do two more dives in the afternoon. Buddy dive (where we get tanks) prefers if you don't take more than two tanks at a time per person so between camera maintenance and tanks, all day excursions aren't happening for us.

Generally speaking I would wear my dive boots to drive the truck, and therefore never had to worry about my stanky flip flops getting poached. They never seemed to poach our tshirts and floppy hats or refilled water bottles either.....

I like everything you said, except swapping tanks half way through the day. You've got to grab all your tanks in the morning, load that truck up to the roof rack with tanks so you look cool! I would put all the tanks we needed for the day, plus and extra one in case one ended up miss-filled, and maybe thrown in a few more just for kicks! Two people need a minimum of 7 tanks in the truck, that's the least you're allowed to drive around with, 9 is even better. 10 and you're definitely the man.

Unfortunately I am not cool enough for that, and the people at Buddy Dive were actually enforcing this both trips (and my dive buddies' trip a week or so ago)

The Plaza wasn't limiting tanks. But I wasn't that cool either, never made it to 10 tanks.

Last edited:
Wouldn't a pile of tanks in the truck be an obvious signal to the "perps" that you are on an all-day excursion and more likely to have higher quality flip flops/tshirts/sandwiches/iphones/ipads/briefcases full of cash/gold bars to steal? Might as well roll the windows up and lock the doors at that rate...

Also since we return to the room at lunch for a gouda sandwich anyway....and it is very close to Buddy Dive, taking extra tanks would just mean more tank shuffling to switch gear between tanks....

Two people need a minimum of 7 tanks in the truck, that's the least you're allowed to drive around with, 9 is even better. 10 and you're definitely the man.

Two divers x 6 dives per day = 12 tanks per truck. (Plus another two nitrox tanks stashed in your gear locker, in case of a late night or early morning dive when the fill-station is closed.)

PS - Never had anyone steal our PB&J sandwiches.

TrukBed.jpg

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom