Weahter/ diving report Ft Myers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SharkBaite

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Well today was a total loss for anyone trying to dive offshore in Ft Myers.
Seas were ranging in the 4+ foot range with winds averaging 5-10 mph. after going approx 1 1/2 miles out it didn't get any better for my boat or another boat as we had to turn back. So much for today being a good day out.

Just to give an idea on how bad it really was, the days damage included a busted swim platform, gear getting turned upside down, and Cbulla almost lost his cookies.

Sorry Colin had to throw that in...

Better luck to us all on the next trip in 2 weeks.

Thanks for the advertisement, Bri :D Hey, I'm not ashamed to admit that your sitting in a boat thats rockin-n-rollin in waves so bad that your abdomen feels like you've been sucker punched hours later, yeah.. I'll flat out confirm that I was pretty close to having breakfast again!

Next time.. the grouper were safe for a while longer.

Lol,

I am a firm believer in starting the bonine treatment 2 days before my dive trips. Has done well for me so far. Don't even know if I am seasick prone since I always take it.

Bonine is a total blast from the past for me.. I've not had issues in YEARS thus haven't thought of it. HOWEVER, a rock-n-roll ride was more a sickness from having my insides beat up from wave jumping!

Exactly, I so far knocking on wood have not gotten sea sick but I will agree with colin it was a Rock-N- Roll ride.

Forget to add this to the list of damages lol Fuel gage is still pegged at well past full almost empty. I am sure I will find more.

By the way, I called the wife and told her the dive was scrubbed and that I was going to the East coast. She put an end to that real fast. My buddy over on the East coast said the weather was great and the bugs were jumping in the boat (he could have been messing with me).

Oh well.

Joe

ps> I'm right with you Knavey, Bonine the day before and morning of, no problems for me on that trip. Colin did have the green gills going though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom