We Did The Maui Ocean Center Shark Tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Al Mialkovsky

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
We first got to go out with Brad and Blesi (B&B) and do Molokini and Pu'u Olai and then we headed over to the shark tank and Jim took us on a tour. It was pretty awesome. My photos don't do it justice, I suck at that but the memories will last, well until the brain fades a little more.

This spotted eagle ray is friendlier than any dog I've ever owned

ray1.jpg

Here's our dive leader Jim entertaining future divers in the tube

Jim.jpg

This baby took one look at me and did a fast U-turn

Shark.jpg

Maui divers don't wear yellow fins do they?

sharkJill.jpg

See the 9 foot tiger shark cruising in the background? New Christmas Card?

us.jpg

Her name is Miss Piggy. Awsome dive aint it? I did stills in the tank and video from the outside and it worked well.

She had been fed 4 times before we got in there and Miss Piggy acted as though she hadn't had a meal in a week. I hid a clam under my BC and she knew where that baby was and didn't leave me alone until I pulled it out.

It was a fun thing, something I'll reccomend to the divers back home.

WOW!

i wanna do that!

how'd you manage it?

You have to provide gear, they provide tanks and weights. It was $192 but i heard it went up. I have a pic of the same tiger, head on at 3 feet! Took some serious pucker power. Call MOC and schedule a dive. Ive done it twice and will do it again every chance I get.

As Wildcard said it's about 200 bucks now. Bring your own gear, they give ya weights and tanks.

It was quite the experience but I'm not certain I'll do it again. Trust me I had a great time but money doesn't grow on trees for me and it's a bit more cost effective to go out with B&B and do Molokini twice. I think everyone should give it a shot at least once though. It's more than worth it.

I'm confused about the liability issues!! Surely you must sign waivers before getting into the tank especially with a tiger shark being present. Is the tiger use to human interaction?? Even if it is wild animals are unpredictable, especially in closed environments.

However, with that said I would do it in a heart beat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom