We Did The Maui Ocean Center Shark Tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The tiger was pretty tame, in fact it was afraid of us. If we gasp, held out breath, she would come very close to us but upon exhale she'd take off. She's curious and was checking us out.

They have a lot of divers in that tank every day.

When I was sitting on the edge of the tank with only my fins in the water she came up and pretty much gave me a haircut. Her dorsal fin was inches from my feet.

What's cool is that it becomes very obvious when a shark wants to return to the sea, and they always return them when it's time to go. No shark has ever died in that tank.

You bet you sign release forms. Just like anything scuba related.

The tigers, all of that have been there like that spot by the ladder. Screwing around when getting out will get someone bit someday. I had a buddy get bumpd there and K was fighting to get her fins off while I was still under water and the tiger was pissed, it's whole attitude changed and was getting real aggresive. I had to stick my head up and get her in gear before she got hit.

I seriously doubt anyone is going to get hit there. If a shark gets agressive it gets let go quickly.

My daughter and I have it booked for January. Really looking forward to it. I have only heard good reviews.

:D Thrilled to be Diving!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom