We are off Bali-Wakatobi-Hong kong

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cdiver2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
After a couple of false starts we are on our way. I called American Airlines to check our flight at 11am (leaving home at noon) only to be told they had put the flight back 1 1/2 hours after a few frantik moments on the phone we had it confirmed, we would still make all our conections. Next call the limo service and see if we can change the pick up to 2pm, no but 3pm is ok, we can still do it ok.
3:15 driver has not arrived so I call and I am told we said 3:30, &^%%$#.
3:30 driver has not arrived, 3:40 he arrives....at the house next door.
However we made it to the airport with time to spare, next stop Dallas.

Have a great trip... I found my heart in Indonesia. I'm very close to "going bamboo" as they say.

Well the trip from Tampa-Dallas went with no problems except the flight time being put back by 1 1/2 hours.

Dallas no WiFi..the pits. The flight from Dallas-LAX was put back 2 hours, now we are sweating, there is not a great deal of time to exit the terminal and go through security, well we will see what happens.

I think the next part should be in....you guessed it Wine and cheese. We got on the plane in Dallas, we are in row four 1st class. The guy in front of us opens the bin above our seat throws in two bags filling the bin then go's to the last row in 1st class, so the rest of the story goes something like this.

Excuse me....Excuse me, sir.....tap him on the shoulder, "Sir this is the storage for this row of seats. " He says it is shared space. I say, "Then how about sharing, he goes to sit down so I take one bag out and put it on the floor. As I go to pick my bag up he puts his back in so a strugle ensues with me pulling the bag out and him pushing it back in.
After a short time he conceds and takes a bag out saying to me "you have an attitude problem" I say I have not even started yet. As he sits down he makes the remark "you don't expect that sort of behaviour in fisrt class" so I looked him in the face saying only when dealing with AO's.

LAX as expected we are runing for all we are worth and make it by the skin of our teeth. Cathy Pacific business class only one word for it pampered,pampered,pampered.

We arrive in Honk Kong 6:36am and I am now siting in the Cathy Pacific club loung and going to get a shower Haaaaaaa Bali next

Most people live on a lonely island,
Lost in the middle of a foggy sea.
Most people long for another island,
One where they know they would like to be.

Bali Ha'i
May call you,
Any night,
Any day.
In your heart
You'll hear it call you:
"Come away,
Come away."

Bali Ha'i
Will whisper
On the wind
Of the sea:
"Here am I,
Your special island!
Come to me,
Come to me."

Your own special hopes,
Your own special dreams,
Bloom on the hillside
And shine in the streams.

If you try,
You'll find me
Where the sky
Meets the sea;
"Here am I,
Your special island!
Come to me,
Come to me!"

Bali Ha'i,
Bali Ha'i,
Bali Ha'i.

"Someday you'll see me,
Floating in the sunshine,
My head sticking out
>From a low-flying cloud;
You'll hear me call you,
Singing through the sunshine,
Sweet and clear as can be,
Come to me,
Here am I,
Come to me!"

Bali Ha'i,
Will whisper
On the wind
Of the sea:
"Here am I,
Your special island!
Come to me,
Come to me."

"Bali Ha'i,
Bali Ha'i,
Bali Ha'i."

We start the journey to Wakatobi tomorrow evening. See ya there!

imasleeper

E mail is hit and miss more miss than hit.
Bali was great as is Wakatobi. But when they say macro they mean Macro. I thought I was short sited before....now I know I am blind as a bat.
Coral is outstanding, that combined with some strong currents (after a full moon) makes it difficult to get some photos with nothing to hold onto.
Mrs Cdiver got mugged by a monky, more about that in the trip report when we get back.

Hey were you that English bloke on my dive boat?....Colleen is a wonderful lady....you lucky guy....hope you took her to the Shangri in Hong Kong!

Hey were you that English bloke on my dive boat?....Colleen is a wonderful lady....you lucky guy....hope you took her to the Shangri in Hong Kong!

You old ? sea dog you, yes I was the English bloke that had to miss dives to give you more room on the dive boat :D.
Will you stop spending my money...I took Colleen to Micky D's. We saw Paul in Bali airport the next day he asked where my pony tail was, he got all red in the face when I was going to show him it. We will send UW photo as soon as I get the FILM developed. Dont forget to ask the real divers if they know what a horse collar is.
Well from one :dork2: to another :dork2: talk to you soon taking Colleen to KFC

No UW photos yet, I have to get the film developed but a couple of the Mimpi resort with the dive porters...Unbelievable

Attachments

• Porter-1-Bali.jpg
    Porter-1-Bali.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 73
  • O-riggers-coming-back-2.jpg
    O-riggers-coming-back-2.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 60
  • Sunrise-over-pool-1Bali.jpg
    Sunrise-over-pool-1Bali.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 68
No UW photos yet, I have to get the film developed...

The WHAT??? ROFL

No way would I brave not seeing my results each day and besides that there's no way I could WAIT :D

Looking forward to seeing some images!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom