Watson Murder Case - Discussion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dateline is featuring this case right now.

and i havent seen someone any more guilty than he is !!!!

Dateline is featuring this case right now.
I thot it was dead.
and i havent seen someone any more guilty than he is !!!!
What brings you to that conclusion exactly...??

I thot it was dead.

What brings you to that conclusion exactly...??

NO part of his story adds up. computer tells a different story. witnesses. have you not heard or seen any off this. how can you think otherwise?

Did anyone else watch Dateline tonight? They had a story about the the honeymoon couple from Alabama where she drowned on the Great Barrier Reef.

He has been accused of murder. Very interesting program.

NO part of his story adds up. computer tells a different story. witnesses. have you not heard or seen any off this. how can you think otherwise?
I've read all 1204 posts and more. It's not clear either way really. It's lame from every direction and I do not think Alabama has a chance under reasonable doubt. I would not want to dive with him, or dine with him as far as that goes, but that's a personal call.

I think Tina could have done much better even without this case, but then I've seen some odd couples.

That duche turned her tank off until she passed out, then back on again.
If she was having a problem underwater, any half way decent man would sacrifice himself in a second to attempt to bring his new bride to the surface. Gabe is either the world's biggest coward, or a murderer...or both.

I just saw an update of the Gabe Watson case on Dateline. I know that there are several threads (long threads) on Scubaboard as well as else where but I'm wondering if someone who has already followed the case can provide a few details that I'm not easily finding in all of these threads and articles.

Just how experienced was Gabe. I know he is described as "an experience Rescue Diver" but do we know what his actual experience was? A few certs and a few vacation dives or was it more than that?

Do we also know the basic details of the dive environment? How deep was the hard bottom, what was viz like, what was the current like, and how strung out were the other divers that were in the water.

I'm sure that must have been rehashed on here but I couldn't find it here or elsewhere.

It certainly seems to be an odd case. He was either a jerk who panicked or killed his wife for very little reason. In any event I'm just wondering about the basic facts I searched for above as of course that basic info is rarely really addressed in news reports.

I remember the case at the time but didn't follow it in detail. Now that I watched the story on TV I just wanted to know a few of the basic details that weren't provided.

P.S.- In reading more about the ship I see that the hard bottom was about 100 fsw. So that makes it even stranger that a husband wouldn't go to 100 fsw to grab his wife? I'm guessing that he wasn't really all that experienced? Why can't I find this info?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom