Watson Murder Case - Discussion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey UnderExposed great to see you back in this discussion. Nice to have people like you and ItsBruce with the high standard of your legal qualifications active on this topic.

Perhaps Tina's parents, and others, need to prepare for the possibility that in fact Watson did not do it. I'm not sure what be worse for them though, to have the charges dismissed BEFORE a trial, or for Watson to be found not guilty AFTER a trial. I suspect that if he walks free by either route, they will not be satisfied. Presumably they're not too happy that the death penalty is off the table to begin with.

I think it would be too much to ask of Tina's parents to not believe what they believe in light of the fact that they have seen the evidence, seen Watson's behavior first-hand, heard all the testimony at the coroner's inquest, talked to investigators and people involved, as we, the public have not. Tina's father is the one who talked to his daughter about the insurance and has a sense of her feeling on the matter of not only what she said, but how she said it and even though it may not be admissible in a court of law, certainly something I could not dismiss in my own mind if I were her parent. No one who is not privy to all the evidence should tell Tina's family what to believe and most especially if there is to be no trial where the evidence is never heard.

As far as the outcome is concerned and Tina's family reaction, your presumption is incorrect. Here are Tina's father's exact words on the matter:

MR. THOMAS: "What we want is for him to stand before a jury for the very first time, before that evidence and answer to it. Whatever a judge and jury decide as the outcome of that trial should be true justice. And it doesn't matter to us the sentencing, what that sentence would be as long as it is a just sentence.."

Source: Australia 'Honeymoon Killer': Father of Allegedly Murdered Bride Tina Watson Seeks Justice - ABC News

Another quote from Tina's father:

"Whether it be the death penalty or life in prison, without parole, really is immaterial to us," he said. "The fact of the matter...we just want to see justice done by our daughter."

Gabe Watson Headed To Alabama To Face Trial For Killing Wife - DothanFirst.com

It was Valeska making all the noise about Australia holding Alabama hostage over the death penalty, not Tina's family.

I think it would be too much to ask of Tina's parents to not believe what they believe in light of the fact that they have seen the evidence, seen Watson's behavior first-hand, heard all the testimony at the coroner's inquest, talked to investigators and people involved, as we, the public have not. Tina's father is the one who talked to his daughter about the insurance and has a sense of her feeling on the matter of not only what she said, but how she said it and even though it may not be admissible in a court of law, certainly something I could not dismiss in my own mind if I were her parent. No one who is not privy to all the evidence should tell Tina's family what to believe and most especially if there is to be no trial where the evidence is never heard.

As far as the outcome is concerned and Tina's family reaction, your presumption is incorrect. Here are Tina's father's exact words on the matter:

MR. THOMAS: "What we want is for him to stand before a jury for the very first time, before that evidence and answer to it. Whatever a judge and jury decide as the outcome of that trial should be true justice. And it doesn't matter to us the sentencing, what that sentence would be as long as it is a just sentence.."

Source: Australia 'Honeymoon Killer': Father of Allegedly Murdered Bride Tina Watson Seeks Justice - ABC News

Another quote from Tina's father:

"Whether it be the death penalty or life in prison, without parole, really is immaterial to us," he said. "The fact of the matter...we just want to see justice done by our daughter."

Gabe Watson Headed To Alabama To Face Trial For Killing Wife - DothanFirst.com

It was Valeska making all the noise about Australia holding Alabama hostage over the death penalty, not Tina's family.

Sorry but the way I read the bolded bits and especially the parts I have highlighted in red. They are not saying they will accept anything but their idea of what is justice they are talking about a sentence which to me says they will not accept anything but a guilty verdict since people found innocent are not sent to prison for long or short terms, death penalties or life in prison!

I am sorry but I can not blindly accept that their conclusions are any more accurate than the conclusions of people who have also attended the cases and believe he is innocent!

I think it is safe to say that Gabe's family didn't kill Tina and yet according to what I have read and seen... they have been subjected to some pretty hateful messages and treatment as well. I repeat myself here. Tina and her family are not the only victims in this tragedy!

What if the Watsons did love Tina as much as they claim? What if there was strife between Tina and her family as the preacher who married and counseled them claims? Gabe isn't allowed to even visit Tina's grave...I just think this is sad on so many levels.

The media have convicted him in the court of public opinion with one sided evidence.

I would suggest that both the Thomas and the Watson "camps" are capable of listening to the same evidence and coming to conclusions based on their own biases! I personally can't accept either as being the sources that will convince me either way!

Can I summarize the 1,124 posts in this thread for new people to the forum.

Some people think Gabe Watson is guilty of killing his wife.
Some people think Gabe Watson is innocent of killing his wife.
Nothing said here makes a hill's bit of beans.
The discussion will continue until Gabe Watson gets convicted and sentenced.
Amen.

Zippsy are you aware of the Ignore feature? Gawd what a pointless post.

Dang, I thought I was being helpful. Actually, I do have all but a dozen or so forums in my Ingore list when I search new posts. Unfortunately, the Scuba Related Cases is one of the forums I follow as I am curious to see updates in this case and the ScubaBoard case. It's just that whenever there is a new post here, it seems to be the same people restating their same opinions. I don't begrudge anyone their opinion, I was just hoping for something else. I am not sure if it would be better for me to start a new third thread "Watson Murder Case - Something Happened". Peace.

Can I summarize the 1,124 posts in this thread for new people to the forum.

Some people think Gabe Watson is guilty of killing his wife.
Some people think Gabe Watson is innocent of killing his wife.
Nothing said here makes a hill's bit of beans.
The discussion will continue until Gabe Watson gets convicted and sentenced.
Amen.

You missed those who have no idea of his guilt or innocence, based on the information available in the public domain.

You missed those who have no idea of his guilt or innocence, based on the information available in the public domain.

I'm sorry. I didn't realize they were posting here. My bad. :)

Ok, sorry I got rude.

Sorry but the way I read the bolded bits and especially the parts I have highlighted in red. They are not saying they will accept anything but their idea of what is justice they are talking about a sentence which to me says they will not accept anything but a guilty verdict since people found innocent are not sent to prison for long or short terms, death penalties or life in prison!

Gabe isn't allowed to even visit Tina's grave...I just think this is sad on so many levels.

Bowlofpetunias, I agree that the above statements from Tina's Dad only refer to guilty outcomes. I thought there was one statement though from an interview that most of us watched on TV and I thought he was less specific about the possible outcomes. But I agree those are not good examples of Tina's family accepting whatever the judge or jury decides.

Gabe isn't allowed to visit Tina's grave because he was caught on camera desecrating it. Flowers kept disappearing from her grave, so they were attached to her grave and a hidden camera was placed. Along came Gabe with bolt cutters to remove the flowers, and he was caught by a hidden camera. :shakehead: It is sad on so many levels - and then some!

The outcome of this case is not looking good for the prosecutor, however... It seems like it would be a miracle if the case even goes to trial...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom