Waterproof Wetsuits - A company

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sigh...
Waterproof have been making suits for the past 20 years so hardly a new company.
With todays logistic systems, even if they didn´t have a single repairshop in the US shipping them to Sweden would add maybe 2-4 days in turn-around time...
Obviously I´m partial to good gear so YMMV...

grazie42:
Sigh...
Waterproof have been making suits for the past 20 years so hardly a new company.
With todays logistic systems, even if they didn´t have a single repairshop in the US shipping them to Sweden would add maybe 2-4 days in turn-around time...
Obviously I´m partial to good gear so YMMV...
I did not mean to imply that they are not a good company. On the contrary. But if you send a suit back to Sweden for a seal replacement that is not warranty, can you imagine the cost? Most diving equipment is made over seas, but they have repair technicians across the US.

sniff sniff... is that a business opportunity I smell? :D

The only bad thing about Sweden is the US exchange rate flat out sucks, the dollar has lost over 20% of its worth against the Kroner over the past 4 - 5 years.
Darn [US] politicians & their illegal protectionist tarrifs.

Boogie711:
Jerry - just curious - what 'routine maintenance issues' can you see being required for a wetsuit???

Why, plugging holes, what else? :D

Boogie711:
Jerry - just curious - what 'routine maintenance issues' can you see being required for a wetsuit???
I wouldn't worry about a wetsuit, but Waterproof also makes a neo drysuit and that was what I was addressing. And we all know of the issues that can come up with Drysuits.

Although I'm temporarily away from the area, my LDS, Duggan Diving, in Universal City, TX (210-658-7495) stocks the Waterproof line of wetsuits. I was with the owner on a week's liveaboard a couple of months ago. He wore one of their 3mm suits to test it out, and said he was very impressed.

I was just told by my LDS that just started to carry Waterproof wet suits, that any Cressie dealer can order the suits. Just passing on info. The suits looked GREAT. I will be ordering a 7 mm.

FYI check this out. info.waterproof-usa.com. 562.498.3708

I just ordered one to check it out. The Local DS carrys the line but is an ordering dealer only.
Great pricing and the features look higher end.

Back
Top Bottom