Waterproof Wetsuits - A company

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i own two of them. they replaced my hendersons. i could not be happier.

I have one of the Waterproof 5mm suits(lynx-I think is the name). It's as warm as most 7mm suits in other brands that I have tried. The only problem I have had is the velcro on the neck enclosure comes off and has to be re-glued.
I don't dive in cold water, but I am good on a 2+ hour cave dive in 72 degree water in it.

I have one of the Waterproof 5mm suits(lynx-I think is the name). It's as warm as most 7mm suits in other brands that I have tried. The only problem I have had is the velcro on the neck enclosure comes off and has to be re-glued.
I don't dive in cold water, but I am good on a 2+ hour cave dive in 72 degree water in it.

.....interesting...I had the EXACT same problem with my 7 mm Waterproof suit....that piece of velcro you mention came unglued almost immediately on my 1st trip with it last December...very annoying...after the trip my selling LDS offered to reglue it for me....or send it back to the factory to reglue it...I had the shop reglue it for me.....and it immediately came unglued before I even dove it again.....the velcro grips the suit a lot stronger than the glue backing......but I finally used 2 small zip ties to hold the velcro tight against the tab...and have given up trying to reglue it....although I haven't dove the suit since my homemade repair.....it has successfully held up against some test pulls......so I think it will work out OK. A disappointing small design flaw on an otherwise fine suit......but no biggie, I do a lot of custom gear design/customization on all my own gear.....so it was just another little challenge for me to overcome! :D

.....interesting...I had the EXACT same problem with my 7 mm Waterproof suit....that piece of velcro you mention came unglued almost immediately on my 1st trip with it last December...very annoying...after the trip my selling LDS offered to reglue it for me....or send it back to the factory to reglue it...I had the shop reglue it for me.....and it immediately came unglued before I even dove it again.....the velcro grips the suit a lot stronger than the glue backing......but I finally used 2 small zip ties to hold the velcro tight against the tab...and have given up trying to reglue it....although I haven't dove the suit since my homemade repair.....it has successfully held up against some test pulls......so I think it will work out OK. A disappointing small design flaw on an otherwise fine suit......but no biggie, I do a lot of custom gear design/customization on all my own gear.....so it was just another little challenge for me to overcome! :D

We must think alike because after I glued it back on 3 times, I used cave line to tie it back on. Has worked for about 20 dives now.

What do you guys think of the Waterproof Taurus 7mm Semi-Dry, I live in Canada so the water is a little cooler but I don't plan on diving in the winter so I wont need a dry suit just yet.

Cheers,
Patrick

Last Saturday, I rented some gear through Bird's Underwater in Crystal Springs Florida and they stocked the WaterProof suits. They are great looking suits and members of the staff swore by them.

Although I have not used them myself, I do know several divers how own these suits. The divers diving them seem to love them, although as I understand it, they are pretty expensive.

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom