Waterproof Wetsuits - A company

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Juls64

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Does anyone have any experience with products from the company Waterproof Wetsuits? They visited our shop today and showed us their line of wetsuits, drysuits, gloves, boots, etc. The products looked good. They are a Swedish company expanding to the US. Just looking for some feedback.

Julie

I own a pair of boots from them and several friends have their wetsuits...

I´ve never heard anyone complain about them and my wetsuit boots have lasted 4 years of diving and still look new...for what its worth...particularly the "stiches" seem better made than your avg Mares or Aqualung suit...the ones on my Aqualung wetsuit are starting to show wear and loose ends...not the case of the waterproof suits my friends own...

I just bought one of their 3mil wetsuits but haven't yet tried it out.
I'm fairly tall (for a girl) and always have trouble finding suits long enough in the legs/arms. This suit fits great.
For what it's worth, there were a few students in the LDS pool wearing using these suits. I ask how they liked the suits and they all seemed to really like it.
Going diving next weekend so I'll try it out then.

The shop I teach at just started carrying these...I gotta say, I am impressed with them. The appear extremely well made, they are cut well for the respective genders for which they are designed. I especially like how the arms & legs are shaped like arms & legs,with knee & elbow ergonomic shaping, instead of just tapered tubes. I ordered one.

I have looked as much as my search abilities allow; who sells these suits and where? I am getting ready to buy 2 7mills, and I would like to consider these. I cannot find any US distributors or dealers.

Thanks

The link above is Sweden. I can't find any dealers through there in the US, but I know they exist, because the LDS where I teach carries them. I can give you a phone # is 361-985-1111 if interested.

Thank-you; I'll give them a ring today.

Appreciate the answer.

michael

One thing to be aware of with new dry suit companies is to make sure they have a facility in the United States that can take care of your problems. One nice thing about Apollo is that even though they are made in Japan, they have a repair facility in the US. Repairs and warranty issues are the hardest part about dealing with new companies. Obviously I'm a bit partial to US manufacturers :D

Back
Top Bottom