Waterproof diving suits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Check with Dean at The Dive Academy in Oakville, Ontario. He aslways has stock on hand or easy access. He is away until next Monday but there is someone at the shop who can help until then

I ordered a D7X Nylotech last month, but I need a custom size. Waterproof began work on the suit a week after I was measured. They said it would arrive in less than six weeks. We'll see.

I ordered a D7X Nylotech last month, but I need a custom size. Waterproof began work on the suit a week after I was measured. They said it would arrive in less than six weeks. We'll see.
Did you eventually recieve the drysuit, and if so, how good was the custom fit ?

I had a huge hassle with my LDS getting my suit, but it finally arrived and is the best drysuit I've owned. It turns out that Waterproof does not make custom suits, despite what the salesman at the dive shop told me. They had to send it out for larger boots. It's snug where it needs to be and flexible enough to reach my valve. The chest and legs are not baggy like my old Waterproof suit. I have ten dives in it so far, with zero water inside.

I love my suit so much that I ordered one for Merry. I couldn't find a shop in the U.S. that has a women's XL so I ordered from Deep Blue Scuba in the UK. With tax and shipping, it came to $1500 less than what I paid for my suit. If only I knew then what I know now.

I've already tried European shops, shipping there sometimes costs more than an item I order, but I definitely should check out Canadian distributors, thanks for the tip.
Try Aquasub scuba.
I bought my Waterproof shorty from them. Great shop. If they don’t have it, they may be able to get it for you

I had a huge hassle with my LDS getting my suit, but it finally arrived and is the best drysuit I've owned. It turns out that Waterproof does not make custom suits, despite what the salesman at the dive shop told me. They had to send it out for larger boots. It's snug where it needs to be and flexible enough to reach my valve. The chest and legs are not baggy like my old Waterproof suit. I have ten dives in it so far, with zero water inside.

Ouch, I was really hoping that they did custom suits, looking a their size charts I cant find anything suitable.
I am 1.76m for 90Kg, I've got what you would call a rugby players build, I am very solid, no beer belly, just wide and heavy...

If I used their size charts I would need to take a suit such as the L+ which normally made for someone much taller and even then some of the sizes , Head and Neck are smaller than mine.

How does your suit fit in relation to your own measurements up against the size chart.. Are some areas too short /long/large/tight/baggy etc..

I also have size 46 feet so I would also have to do the same and get boots fitted, did you pay extra for having the new boots ?

And what do you think about the arm dump valve , is it really too high or is it just a case of getting used to it.

Cheers

Their size charts are very liberal. I'm 1.905m and 97.5Kg. I wear 47.5 boots. The XL fits me perfectly. Waterproof doesn't exchange the boots. Your LDS or you would have to purchase the correct size and have them installed at an extra cost. The salesman told me so many falsehoods that the owner of the shop through in the boots and installation for free.

Their size charts are very liberal. I'm 1.905m and 97.5Kg. I wear 47.5 boots. The XL fits me perfectly. Waterproof doesn't exchange the boots. Your LDS or you would have to purchase the correct size and have them installed at an extra cost. The salesman told me so many falsehoods that the owner of the shop through in the boots and installation for free.

Thanks Max, I think I will probably go towards an SF Tech, they are expensive but I know that will do custom suits... same problem for my wife, she's tall and thin.

It's unfortunate because the D7X looks like a good suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom