Women 5mm wetsuit - Scubapro Everflex, Bare Evoke or Waterproof W7?

Which wetsuit to buy for women?

• Scubapro Everflex 5mm

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Waterproof W7 5mm

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Bare Evoke 5mm

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deb-

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everyone!
Looking to buy a new 5mm wetsuit. I've read they recommend Scubapro Everflex, Bare Evoke and Waterproof W7 a lot.
I value that is comfortable to move and easy to put in (im not overweight but i have hips :)) A LOT - live aboard, 4 dives a day, and suffering from thinking about having to put on the wetsuit again is sad!
Thanks all for your help 🤗

I love love love my 5mm Bare Evoke - so much so that I bought the 3mm and 7mm versions too. When these wear out, I’ll buy them again. The zippers in the leg are really nice for getting them on/off, and I love the neck zipper. They’re just nice warm comfy suits (and they look great - get so many compliments on them!).

That said, if you can try them on, what really matters is how they fit YOUR body. I’m pear-shaped, about an 8-10 in dress sizes, and have no trouble getting them over my hips. Be sure to look at their sizing chart, and get a friend to help you with measurements - I find that I tend to size down in Bare’s suits (they come in standard numeric dress sizes, not just S/M/L).

I have the men's versions of all 3 suits. EverFlex 5/4 (older), Bare Reactive (men's version of Evoke), and W7 5mm.

From what I have read (not seen them in person), the current gen of EverFlex sounds like it is not as nice as they used to be. Barring examining one in person, I would look at the other 2.

Between the Reactive and the W7, I think the Reactive is maybe a little bit warmer. But, I really like the pockets on the W7. My shop sells both. I sold my Reactive and currently have 2 of the W7 5mms.

They are both really nice suits. I just get more value from having pockets than a little bit of extra warmth. If the 5mm with a hood and gloves is not warm enough, I change to one of my drysuits.

Back
Top Bottom