Water Temps?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe a 5mm for those in our group that get cold and a 3mm full steamer for the warm blooded. But bring the lighter suit as it gets warmer. Personally, I like to put on a dry suit for each dive. So I always bring two suits.

Below 80 degrees, maybe I should just bring my drysuit!

We have been here for three days now and my computer has been registering 76-79 degrees. Currents are fine. Weather has been a little rainy and the seas were choppy this morning. We got our dives in just before the port closed. Seemed to lay down after they closed the port and it has been very sunny all afternoon.

Ignore half of the last post. Weather turned to real crap late yesterday. Big winds and waves. Busted a few boards on the blue angel dock. No rain yet, very clear but the wind howled all night.

Hopefully it will pass soon. I don't think we will be diving today.

I'm leaving on Sunday for my first trip to Cozumel. I own a 3mm wetsuit. I plan to do 2 dives a day for three days. From what I can tell from reading this thread I should be ok with my 3mm instead of renting a shorty.
Thanks!

Yeah you should be fine with 3mm. What made the water temps even worse this week was the wind coming out of the north bringing cooler air. Compounded with rough seas...I froze!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom