Water Temps?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We just got home yesterday and yes I believe the crazy currents are gone. Temps vary from 77F to 79F so I still wore my beanie.

I was getting 81-82 Wednesday, but I think my Galileo reads a bit high. Gets a tiny bit chilly at the end of the second dive when I'm in shorts and T-shirt but I tolerate cold really well. Most of the folks I see visiting are still glad to have their full 3mm. I would recommend a full, even a skin. I got peppered by tiny jellies about a week ago... Not a big deal but would have been nice to have had something on my legs.

Not a big deal but would have been nice to have had something on my legs.

Rumored comments from your fellow divers corroborate that comment!

After 9 months in the Caribbean they aren't as scary and lily-white as they used to be. :)

Smart man to catch my underlying reason. I, on the other hand, do need leg coverings. Since I have a shortie wetsuit, it really is not thoughtful of me to go diving with my legs exposed. Years ago I used black running tights. Those wore out so I should either get new ones or my trademark black knee-high socks.

2b2ack

Thanks for the update. Sounds like it is on the chilly side. It should be warming up going into May.

We were there from 3/28 - 4/8, and averaged 77. Always wore 3MM shorties, but wouldn't have minded 3MM fulls. Got cool enough that after 50 minutes or so, we were ready to come up. That 4 or 5 degrees sure makes a difference.

We both wore 5mm fullsuits, and I wore a beanie most dives. But then, we were doing 3-4 dives per day. Our computers said 79-81 every day. The shore dive at SCC was always 81-83 but it is only 20' deep.

wish I was back there today.
robin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom