Info Current conditions Philippines-anywhere?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Currently in Dauin.
Had our first dives yesterday. This is our first time here so not sure what the viz is normally, but currently it’s about 5-10 metres max. We’re seeing a bit less of macro than I expected (last dive we saw 4 nudies and a small seahorse, but that was the worst till now).

Others went to Apo Reef yesterday and complained about the viz there - we’re going tomorrow, if you want I can come back with an update?

I admit I’m regretting a bit that I booked 9 nights here… still searching for the flamboyant cuttlefish that everyone says is so common here this time of year.

Yeah an update from diving at Apo would be great. Visibility does seem iffy throughout the Philippines currently due to conditions. Dauin is usually much better than 5-10m vis too.

Did Apo Island today. Weather was fine, but there’s a lot of plankton in the sea so viz is not that good. The reef is stunning though and we saw the biggest sea snake ever! Also saw lots of fish and nudies.

Second dive was a drift dive and was so fun! (Careful of the down current though)

Last night we had a great night dive so I’m more happy about Dauin now - maybe viz and weather is more or less the same in most part of Philippines, I don’t know. We’re staying at Bongo Bongo divers and it’s great!

The last 2 days have been much better. A little better viz and lots of new (to me/us) small stuff:)

Dauin is definitely not as “dense” as Lembeh for critters, but our new dive guide is great and helps my SIL with buoyancy (she was 56 before she started diving and is now 65 and have around 70 dives, so considering that she’s doing great), so she absolutely adore him and he still find the small stuff for us.

New to me yesterday and today: wonderpus, algae octopus, Ambon scorpion fish, leaf scorpion fish, candy crab, rough snout ghost pipe fish, hairy squat lobster, warty frog fish and probably some more that I forgot (at least 6-7 nudies I don’t know the name of)

Needles to say we’re happy we chose Dauin:) Anilao/PG will be next time I think, but for the price we pay here (1750 php/night/room with private bathroom and ac, it’s very much worth it. Dives are around 1500 php with own equipment.

Back
Top Bottom