Water Temps?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was just there 6/13-14. Vis. was horrible at the USS Indra (5ft if that). Current and surge were pretty bad there. I had heard that vis. was better on the East side of Cape Lookout, around the CaribSea (15-20ft.), but the wind was whipping the waves up and we couldn't get over there. One of the guys at the lodge had said that on 6/12 they got around 30ft. vis., but that ended quickly. I was told to come back in July/Aug., when it is not unusual to see 100ft. vis.

Spectre,

We are headed there tonight. I will reply to this post when we get back on Monday. We are going out with Discovery Diving. Do you know who you are headed out with??

James

:getsome:

Spectre,

The temps is Morehead this weekend were in the low 70's. We dove the Papoose, the Aeolus, and the Indra and all three wrecks were in the low 70's. Vis is down to around 60ft on the Papoose and the Aeolus and the water is green right now not blue. The indra is an inshore wreck in only about 70ft or so of water and vis was 15ft max there. Other than that it was a beautiful weekend to dive. We have a max of 4ft seas all weekend and we had a surface current on the Papoose only. The rest of the dives we didn't even have to "hang" on the hang bar. Hope this helps you guys.

James
:getsome:

I'm heading to NC to dive with Olympus Aug. 12-15. Anyone have any updated info on Vis, temps etc.? These are my first wreck dives so I hope we don't get blown out.........

I was down last week. 7/24-7/25

Schurz 40' viz 73 degrees at depth
Spar 30' viz 77 degrees
U352 60' viz 73 degrees
Aeolus 30' viz 75 degrees

the water temps were in the low 80's on the surface so there was a pretty good themocline. Especially on the sub and schurz. we were lucky this time the ocean was flat as a lake. Have a good time!

bankey:
I was down last week. 7/24-7/25

Schurz 40' viz 73 degrees at depth
Spar 30' viz 77 degrees
U352 60' viz 73 degrees
Aeolus 30' viz 75 degrees

the water temps were in the low 80's on the surface so there was a pretty good themocline. Especially on the sub and schurz. we were lucky this time the ocean was flat as a lake. Have a good time!

Thanks for the update, I passed it on to my group, hope it holds out!

Back
Top Bottom