Water Temps in Southern Lake Huron

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buckaltc

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm going out on a charter tomorrow and was wondering if anyone knew what subsurface temps were in Lake Huron near Sanilac? I'm trying to decide if I should wear the core warmer and deal with the extra lead.

mid 40s as of two weeks ago. Up from high 30s several weeks before that.

Thanks! Mid 40's means no core warmer.
And less weight.

Greetings shermen as of 08 / 19-20-21 / 2011 Temps off my gage were as follows;
149' 42.8º
117' 48º
80' 52º
53' 72º
44' 72º
23' 74º
18' 74º
These were actual wrecks so it was pretty warm till you broke the thermocline at 50'+ it got colder.
I was diving dry and if going deep over 60' then you will want to wear appropriate undergarments.
I have been wearing fleece for the 60' to 70' but have been bone cold with 45 min. + bottom times not counting deco stops.
Once you break that 50' you wish it was colder!

Ran 66 min total run time on the Dunderberg on Friday and a 75 min. about a month ago and the water has warmed significantly above 50'.
Hope this gives you an idea what to expect.
It has been a stellar season this year condition wise.
Enjoy your dives.

CamG Keep Diving....Keep Training....Keep Learning!

Thanks for the info, my girlfriend and my self are heading out on the great lakes diver on September 10. This info will come in handy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom