Water Temps in March ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoon:
i guess diving every two weeks aint enough for ya:)
2 weeks? dude, thats just wrong....just trying to recall last time i was out of the water that long.... :wink:

Right, i will move back to my 7mm and sell you the 5mm "for you my friend, special price!" :wink: damn water at the mantas dropped to 27 the other day...froze me nards off!

Mike Veitch:
2 weeks? dude, thats just wrong....just trying to recall last time i was out of the water that long.... :wink:

Right, i will move back to my 7mm and sell you the 5mm "for you my friend, special price!" :wink: damn water at the mantas dropped to 27 the other day...froze me nards off!

i am still yet to see a manta. does a small spotted stingray count? there from the same family anyways right?:)

Spoon:
i am still yet to see a manta. does a small spotted stingray count? there from the same family anyways right?:)
Of course that counts.

Also same family as the Great White so you can mark that down on your list as well... :D

Hey Jagfish! Welcome to off topic land! aka PPD

G'night!

jagfish:
Sounds sweet to me...

Jagfish, water temps in PG are pretty warm but hit a thermocline and brrr...

According to the PG locals, its appears temps didn't go down that much this winter and I was fine diving in a 3/2 full suit down to 60m couple weeks ago. When I was there in april/ may last year, most of us were wearing shorties and even some of guys were wearing dive skins but some of those thermoclines were COLD. One crazy northern european on one our dives went with just swimming trunks... But you'll see the DM's wearing 5m's or more and hoods... but given how frequently they dive, I don't blame them...

Given you dive in the Kamakura/ Izu area, you would probably find water in PG like a nice warm onsen... :D

diving without wetsuit is diving without the hassles...... DIVE FREE !!! hehehhehe

5mm... you guys sure like lifting weights huh.

a hood would be fine for them thermoclines. but come mid march the temp of them thermos would go up as well.

When I wear a shortly. my trim gets messed up and my legs drop. I guess I need some leg flotation.

For warmth, you think a dive skin is enough? I've never owned one. Are they spandex?

Jim

paolov:
diving without wetsuit is diving without the hassles...... DIVE FREE !!! hehehhehe

5mm... you guys sure like lifting weights huh.

a hood would be fine for them thermoclines. but come mid march the temp of them thermos would go up as well.

6 pounds ain't much weight...

jagfish:
When I wear a shortly. my trim gets messed up and my legs drop. I guess I need some leg flotation.

For warmth, you think a dive skin is enough? I've never owned one. Are they spandex?

Jim
yes, but a lot of them come with a internal lining for warmth.... i suggest a mix of day glo pink and orange for your spandex.... :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom