Water temp?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry, Corrected my post. Blame it on auto-correct.
I guess you have not calibrated your temp sensor....right?
Can you calibrate a Shearwater’s temp sensor?

Can you calibrate a Shearwater’s temp sensor?
No, but you can determine that it reads (for example) 1.2deg C high, and use that to adjust your readings.
You are not calibrating the computer per se, just the data from it.

I guess you have not calibrated your temp sensor....right?

I have not, but it's an interesting idea. I could test it in a pot on the stove, but I'm not sure that I'd trust any thermometer in my house to give me a super accurate reading for comparison.

I have not, but it's an interesting idea. I could test it in a pot on the stove, but I'm not sure that I'd trust any thermometer in my house to give me a super accurate reading for comparison.
I've put several dive computers in a pot and used my ThermaPen and an IR Temp Sensor for comparison. Aside from none of the computers diving the same answer as any of the others (varying as much as 4 deg F from one another), they disagreed with both the ThermaPen and the IR sensor. I believe the ThermaPen the most; I used it on ice water and on boiling water, and it was spot on.

My wife and I had Suunto Cobras that would routinely show about a 2 degree difference from each other on the same dive. That was why it was nice when CCMI had the NOAA buoy to compare against.

My Peregrine has read 86 degrees all week on the West Side.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom