Water temp?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was on Sea Dreamer. I use a GoPro (not an I-Phone), and didn't see a Lemon Shark. I think you mean the other (younger) Steve from the Denver area - he had an iPhone in a case, diving with his buddy Maxwell. Steve won his week at LCBR in a drawing! :oops: . I have his email if you need it. I think you mighta joined our boat late in the week. Were you diving 100's, sitting at the back, starboard side? And your buddy was chumming the water with his breakfast on the first dive?

Yep..... that was me (Hunter) and my buddy Todd. Pour guy gets seasick just looking at a pic of the ocean, but that's never stopped him....

It was real nice to meet you folks! Always interesting to be the new guys on the boat and see who you'll be diving with. I thought we had a great group. No problems!

I think we may have met you guys on your last two days, Thurs and Fri.....and then we were also there the rest of the next week....which was really nice weather. The wind changed up and we were able to get over to the BB wall all the next week. Didn't see any more Lemon's all week..... but did see see plenty of these guys. Here's a short snip I took over at Randys Gazebo.

Several reef sharks? That's awesome! I didn't see a single one in 34 dives. But did see five Nurse Sharks and one Hammerhead.
One hammerhead = 500 reef sharks.

IMHO anyway.

One hammerhead = 500 reef sharks.

IMHO anyway.

Totally agree..... We heard several reports of the hammerhead sightings while there but no joy for us. On a side note......after many trips to LCBR........ this trip was the most reef sharks we've ever seen at Little Cayman and they were up close and personal. A treat for all of us.

Totally agree..... We heard several reports of the hammerhead sightings while there but no joy for us. On a side note......after many trips to LCBR........ this trip was the most reef sharks we've ever seen at Little Cayman and they were up close and personal. A treat for all of us.
I’ll be there on Sat. Looking fwd to that. Thanks to everyone for updates. Will report back.

Seems it was Hammerhead week in the Caymans. Last week during my trip to GC (Ocean Frontiers) we saw one on the North Side. A day or so later another group saw one on the weekly drift dive across the sites directly in front of Ocean Frontiers.

Back
Top Bottom