Water temp in Key Largo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gqllc007

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife and I are headed to Key Largo on August 11. Doing two tank dives for a few days. Anyone know the water temp? Would a rash guard be fine? We have rash guards, fleece dive skins, 1.5mm wetsuits and 3mm wetsuits....what are most people diving with right now in Key Largo? Just doing some easy reef diving

85 just did a few dives with a lycra skin, comfortable for a 2 hr dive

Rash guard or Fleece skin is all you should need. Maybe bring your 1.5 if you're the sort that gets cold extremely easy. Personally I think if the water was any warmer, it would be uncomfortable.

If you go for the deep wreck dives like Spiegel and Duane (90+ft) maybe you will need a shorty or a 3m wetsuit depending on your tolerance of cold water. We also did the Benwood at 42ft without a wet suit.

If you go for the deep wreck dives like Spiegel and Duane (90+ft) maybe you will need a shorty or a 3m wetsuit depending on your tolerance of cold water. We also did the Benwood at 42ft without a wet suit.
We will just be doing shallow reef dives. It is my wife's first ocean dive and her first real open water dive since geting her OW certification

Anyone know what the water temp is in Key Largo here the first of March?

What are the top and bottom water temps in Key Largo in May?

What are the top and bottom water temps in Key Largo in May?

Low to mid-80s. Some thermoclines at the deeper sites near the Gulf Stream that might be in the 70s. Surface temps 80s and humid.

Anyone know what the water temp is in Key Largo here the first of March?

Mid to upper 70s.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom