Water in first stage of atomic Z2x - help.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Craig66

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have the atomic Z2x and always soak under pressure. Recently noted that there was water in my SPG which I have to believe that it came from my first stage and leaked down the hose and into the spg.

Firstly am I correct in assuming that and secondly if I always soak while attached to a tank under pressure how did water get there in the first place.

I am annoyed as besides having to replace my SPG I now have to send my reg in for service 6 months after the last service?

Any advice is welcome

Thanks

Craig

If you always soak the reg while pressurized, then one possibility is water is in the cylinder.
Another possibility is you de pressurize by pressing the purge button while the second stage is underwater.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you always soak the reg while pressurized, then one possibility is water is in the cylinder.
Another possibility is you de pressurize by pressing the purge button while the second stage is underwater.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott, Thanks for your reply. Not sure what you mean by water in the cylinder?

It is sometimes hard not to get some purging while soaking under pressure as just the action of moving the second stage around sometimes results in some purging.

Another (more likely) possibility is that the spg case is leaking, via a defective seal. Don't automatically assume that water is passing through the first stage and HP hose.

Best wishes.

If you can see water in your pressure gauge it did not come thru the first stage. The high pressure air is contained in a sealed tube if water got in bubbles would be coming out. You probably cracked the case if plastic or the seal to the glass if brass.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom