Watch this video of the Blue Hole of Dahab before it is deleted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is the guide/instructor the same Tarek Omar who has a FB page with the following info?

"Affiliation
Idivetribe- tektribe

w_F0QQTmQi4.png

About
holding The deepest record in the blue hole 226 m depth and that wasn't some kind of a show off but a mission to be implemented.

qQdQbnugvep.png

Awards
Licenses:TDI technical course director
director Trainer mix gas diving at
Technical Diving International

w_F0QQTmQi4.png

O.M.G.

I'd have to watch this 15 more times just to make a list of what was wrong, but that would be too painful. I especially liked the part where the primary was tangled in the stage rigging. Switching regs, good. Not fixing the problem *right now* so the primary could be located and deployed instantly again: unthinkable.

O.M.G.

I'd have to watch this 15 more times just to make a list of what was wrong, but that would be too painful. I especially liked the part where the primary was tangled in the stage rigging. Switching regs, good. Not fixing the problem *right now* so the primary could be located and deployed instantly again: unthinkable.
That's my thought as well, but I will ask students to make that list and use this video educationally.

It just puzzles me how this guy can be certified for trimix. When his instructor sees this, he must be cringing.

The guide should have refused taking him during the dive preparation. Too many things were already wrong at the surface.

I hope that helps?

Absolutely. Originally I asked in the context of someday possibly being a quarry rat helping an instructor just being another set of eyes. But I think that your, @johndiver999 and @Danseur’s information could help anyone with a new buddy or even just diving a more populated diving area where we might be around people whose normal mannerisms we aren’t familiar with.

Thank you!

Scary stuff!!

I’m assuming the person filming is the instructor, Mr TO...
I’m thinking the guy’s walked into the shop, slapped his ‘Trimix card’ on the table and requested to be filmed going to 100m in the Blue Hole. Mr TO said “show me the money” and bingo! Maybe he has mouths to feed (tourism’s taken a battering in that part of the world in recent years), but c’mon!
I’m shocked the dive wasn’t called way before it was, the guy didn’t even look comfortable at the surface.

I wonder who uploaded the video, the diver, his buddy or another a friend who thought it should be shared.

I do have to add that I did my AOW and a lot of subsequent dives in Dahab and the instructor (not TO!) and guides we used were great! Very thorough and we had no safety concerns at all.

Giving 50 OK signs is similar to what a drunk does before he pukes on you.
Great comparison, very succinct. Been there, got the (messy) t-shirt!

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom