Watch style computer also work as "smartwatch"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Evan M

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi All,
I want to buy a watch style dive computer and have also seen the latest "smart watches" that connect with smart phones to get texts and answer phone calls and emails etc. Wondering whether any of the watch style dive computers have integrated some or all of that extra capability.

nothing yet. I'm sure someone is working on it.
Touch screens don't work underwater so you have to have some other way to control the computer that makes it a bit larger than most people want on top of having to add in the sensors themselves that are not really big, but not small

Nope

It's a trivially small market from a consumer products perspective.

Thank you both for the responses. That's what I figured, but I was hoping. Would have been nice to be able to buy/use one all-purpose device...

There is nothing that does what you asked for. There is one that LOOKS like what you're asking for. But, it's really just looks. Watch style. Color screen (but not a touch screen). And it does connect to your smartphone to let you change settings.

Deepblu | COSMIQ Dive Computer

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom