Was given a Scubapro MK10 and G250

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hitagain

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I just completed my open water cert and my wifes uncle gave me one of his old regulators. It is a Scubapro MK10 and G250. He doesn't remember the last time he used it, Is it worth getting it checked out and rebuilt?

No, you need to send them to me ASAP! Seriously, that is a marvelous combination that breathes buttery smooth, when tuned correctly. It's also a very easy combination to service at home.

One of best reg sets made. Worth a rebuild. I now have about 8 sets of these I prefer over any newer scubapro rugs I have.

The mk10 and G250 is regarded by many as one of the best regulators made. If you're interested in servicing them yourself, it's pretty easy. If not, I'd recommend sending it to Vintage Double Hose. @OWIC647 does a great job and he has everything needed to get it up and running again!

I'll echo what the others have said. The G250 is one, if not, my favorite second stage and I've owned various current "flagship" regs.

I just completed my open water cert and my wifes uncle gave me one of his old regulators. It is a Scubapro MK10 and G250. He doesn't remember the last time he used it, Is it worth getting it checked out and rebuilt?

No, it's a terrible obsolete regulator that most divers wouldn't even use in the bath tub. :D

JK, you're not going to do any better in terms of performance and reliability.

You need to buy that man a beer.

All but one of my reg sets are Mk10/G250s. Count yourself as blessed.

Back
Top Bottom