Was April Fool's Prank funny?

Was SB April Fool's Prank 2007 funny?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Leejnd:
WOW! I'm impressed! Leadership that actually listens to the peons! You sure don't see THAT every day!
Uh, welcome to SB. :wink:

I would also like to point out that I am very disappointed the thread was moved to Whine and Cheeze. I am SERIOUS.

It was put to Site Support to let the staff know what people thought about the prank. Not only to whine but obviously also to praise - look at the way the vote is going too, put it Kudos for crying out loud!! You have the 20/20 hindsight to help with placement even!!!

There are already references inside this thread that this is a Site Support -thread. Come on. Seriously. Now I am getting really serious what's happening to this thread. We are getting close to 200 votes. This is nearly going to matter to me.

I'll admit I forgot it was April fool's day later in the PM and when I saw the DIR guys calling "me" (^you^) a stroke I was like What The........ I don't even know you guys :)
They got me for a few minutes anyway. Then I joined in the fiasco.
All in good fun.

Leejnd:
WOW! I'm impressed! Leadership that actually listens to the peons! You sure don't see THAT every day!
This is again, by design.

The various forums that are here (non dive related included) are here for the most part because users ASKED for them. Yeah, we saw a need for a few of them (Instructor2Instructor) but the majority were started because 10 or more users said we want a forum about "X". That is inclusiveness!

In fact, every year we have had nothing but POSITIVE feedback for our little April Fools hacks: names spelled backwards, everyone getting a Mod badge, as well as a few others. Did they cause their share of havoc? I hope so, but this year seemed to be VERY successful. :D I do have to admit, that all I have to do is think "situational awareness" or task loading and I have no problems with these type of pranks.

you can only have this sort of interatction with an enlightened ownership

sometimes that's easy to miss

piikki:
I would also like to point out that I am very disappointed the thread was moved to Whine and Cheeze. I am SERIOUS.

It was put to Site Support to let the staff know what people thought about the prank. Not only to whine but obviously also to praise - look at the way the vote is going too, put it Kudos for crying out loud!! You have the 20/20 hindsight to help with placement even!!!

There are already references inside this thread that this is a Site Support -thread. Come on. Seriously. Now I am getting really serious what's happening to this thread. We are getting close to 200 votes. This is nearly going to matter to me.
Trust us, we know the impact of this year's pranks.

Do you like its new location better? :)

I think moving it was the right decision.

It's easy to be critical of the person in charge of cleaning the house.

I'm sure this palce could turn in to a tangled mess overnight if it were not for lots of hard work. I am lazy, so I like to cut the industrious types some slack.

Me? Is this all about ME again?....Most liked it, many if not most were had for a while anyway and a few will complain about anything. It was great! Looking forword to next year....
Can I vote again?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom