Warped Dive World Evolution - BP/W Subgroup Mindset

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I guess GUE, UTD, TDI, IANTD and 50K+ tec divers have it all wrong. :rofl3:

Scott, I am an IANTD Advanced Nitrox Instructor, as well as an IANTD Draeger Dolphin Diver, IANTD Intro to Cave diver and an IANTD Blender. My IANTD instructor status is "inactive" because PADI OWSI is all that has been necessary for any of my dive instructor jobs.

I am pretty sure you will not find educated divers with the "badges" you list, typing in the unsupported and ignorant way you often type with regards to drag. :shakehead:

Last edited:
halemanō;5760025:
For now, let's just compare two frontal views of single tank divers, with regards to each BC's drag (not counting hose routing, just the BC's);

Yea but my trim is vastly better than the dude with the scooter.

Therefore all BP/Ws are superior to all vest BCs.

I also look way more badass with a scooter than that dude.

4085586589_a17cb1f2f7.jpg

Further evidence:

Guess which one of these divers is a BP/W user?
3940255639_3342bb6a01.jpg

I have lots more pictures for you halemano that I can selectively choose from to show that BP/Ws are better.

halemanō;5760080:
Scott, I am an IANTD Advanced Nitrox Instructor, as well as an IANTD Draeger Dolphin Diver, IANTD Intro to Cave diver and an IANTD Blender. My IANTD instructor status is "inactive" because PADI OWSI is all that has been necessary for any of my dive instructor jobs.

Well, I am not surprised that your IANTD status is inactive. If I were doing my due diligence for a superior instructor I would pass on one utilizing and advocating jacket BCD's for those intro tec classes you referenced.

halemanō;5760080:
I am pretty sure you will not find educated divers with the "badges" you list, typing in the unsupported and ignorant way you often type with regards to drag and venting. :shakehead:

I have no idea what the first portion of your statement means. In addition, I have not made any reference to venting comparisons.

Same diver.

Using a vest BC
3940963884_892edfa695.jpg

Using a BP/W
4280904467_4c0c90bf12.jpg

Note the vastly superior trim and streamlining :D

halemanō;5760080:
Scott, I am an IANTD Advanced Nitrox Instructor, as well as an IANTD Draeger Dolphin Diver, IANTD Intro to Cave diver and an IANTD Blender.

International
Association
of
No
Trim
Divers

(With apologies to T. Baldi who coined this acronym.)

Tobin

I have lots more pictures for you halemano that I can selectively choose from to show that BP/Ws are better.

Are better for you, or are better in your opinion. :shakehead:

Well, I am not surprised that your IANTD status is inactive. If I were doing my due diligence for a superior instructor I would pass on one utilizing and advocating jacket BCD's for those intro tec classes you referenced.

My IANID instructor renewal fees are a waste of money for me because maintaining active IANTD instructor status gains me nothing as dive instructor in Hawaii.

Please quote me where I have ever "advocated Vest BC's for those intro tec classes I referenced." :rofl3:

I have said that my Intro to Cave Instructor, who's web site is sidemount.com allowed me to take Intro to Cave in my Vest BC, but it is hard to imagine anyone doing a Draeger Dolphin cert in a Vest. :idk:

I have no idea what the first portion of your statement means. In addition, I have not made any reference to venting comparisons.

It is not surprising that you do not understand that an educated person would not make ignorant, unsupported statements as fact of their own anecdotal opinion, or even unsupported, ignorant statements as fact of things they don't even have an anecdotal opinion of, just repeating the unsupported, ignorant statements as fact made by others about their anecdotal opinion. :shakehead:

Previous post adjusted with regards to venting.

... where is jepuskar when ya need him ... or Wormil ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

halemanō;5760251:
Are better for you, or are better in your opinion. :shakehead:

No better according to science for every diver.

No better according to science for every diver.

Please Sas, go on! :dork2:

Please show us more of your pictorial science of how any BP/W would be better for any and every diver. :rofl3:

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom