Warning for Monterey Divers (especially women): Beware of Fred

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll be in Monterrey in July and plan to do the Breakwater with my son if he's up for it. If not guess I'll just have to hook up with one of you. But from the sounds of it I don't wanna dive with this Fred character. He tried anything weird with me or Josh and I think a good word to describe the outcome would be chum. As in Freddie sleeps wit da fishies now!

Ran across fred at the parking lot in front of the breakwater deli yesterday. He still looks alive and well. He attempted to conversate with us but we just said hi and kept moving. I didn't notice any dive gear in the back of his red truck, yes he still drives the same truck...LOL. Does anyone know if he is still diving and pulling his same antics?

That would explain it. It has been a few years since I have last seen him. Me and my wife both looked at each other and said, hey there's fred...LOL. He used to ask my wife if she would go dive with him. We would always politely decline his request to dive with her. Oh the memories....LOL

Wow that was one great thread.

That's what I thought... Started diving there in the nineties but don't remember him, if he was around. I plan on going down this year again so I'll look for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, a lot has changed since this thread started.

Chuck Tribolet is no longer with us.
Christina is no longer with us.
Lynne is no longer with us.
And Laurel is no longer with us.
A lot of the posters in this thread no longer hang out on Scubaboard and have moved on, or maybe even quit diving.

It's been a long time since I've been to Monterey.
I still don't know who Fred is, or what he looks like.
Is he even around anymore, or still alive?

Haven't seen Fred for many years now. I doubt he's still hanging around. He was perhaps mid 50s when I met him about 10 years ago. Plus the local community seemed to be pretty alert to his antics so he may have moved on when word got around. Still missin Chuck.

well...I'm still here and still diving. My wife has just started and I'm sorting out her equipment. Just got her a drysuit so hopefully she can have a warm and fun Monterey dive. We've done a bunch of warm water dives and she likes that. Hopefully she'll take to Monterey diving!

But where's Fred? :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom