Warmest Wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Low 60's is the warmest water the OP will see in this area.

One of my buddies has a waterproof suit. It keeps him very warm, and looks to be built better than any other suit I've seen. I think it is a semi-dry

60's is the coolest water I have been able to test so far. I am sure it will be toasty in colder water... just haven't had that opportunity yet. THe Aqualung is a semi-dry and it is 8 mil with 7 in the sleeves and legs. It is hyperstretch and doesn't have zippers, and you don't need them. I have no problems donning and doffing it wet or dry.

Thanks for all the input from everyone. I wish there was a dive shop that had all the brands! I will check out all the suggestions...Thanks again!.....Bob

The warmest suit could be purchased custom made from Elios. They have a wide variety of thicknesses and various rubber densitities to choose from. If you purchase a "freedive" type suit with no zipper and smooth skin interior, you should be very warm.

OK, does anyone have advice on the Henderson 2 Piece Gold Core Or the Henderson Insta Dry? 7mm? Trying to see how it's going to handle New England Ocean Temps this year... and Yes, I'm condidering Dry, but need WAY more exp and info on that before I can make an educated statement in that department..

I use an Atlan Tahoe combo wetsuit : 7/5mm full lenght + 7/5mm jumpsuit with integrated hood. It has wrist/ankle double seals and a rubbery neck seal.

Atlan Diving Products

Unlike the Aqualung and Beuchat suits I've seen, it is not a real "semi-dry" as it lacks the dry suit zipper, BUT I still have to fill it water prior to diving. (Un)surprisingly, it's easier to do at the surface :p

I have dived in 31°F waters. At this low temperature I soon found out that wearing an extra 2mm Long John underneath helps a lot. :wink:

In the long run I'll get a drysuit... Fow now I'm happy with what I've got. I'm not a limiting factor for my dry friends.

Atlan makes the ugliest wetsuits, but that's not what I care about. They charge a little extra for custom made suits. Do you have access to a local wetsuit business in NH?

Pacific Ocean 48-52F
I have a one piece with integrated hood. Xcel Polar $350 9/7/6mm with ankle zippers and special lining for ease of getting in and out of. It has special material around the hood and other openings to prevent water flowing in. The front chest zipper is hard for me though. They make many different sizes. It is easy to change, warm, and comfortable in and out of the water.

Wife has 7mm Oceanic Farmer Jane with hooded vest, so 3 layers over chest area.

Back
Top Bottom