warmest wet gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For years I've gone by, if I can keep my hands and feet warm, the rest of me is usually okay. Reading through this thread I just realized, that in many (not all) cases I was probably keeping my body plenty warm, and that meant that my hands and feet didn't get cold. The times I wasn't keeping my body warm, I just noticed my hands and feet getting colder before my body felt cold.

RPanick:
For years I've gone by, if I can keep my hands and feet warm, the rest of me is usually okay. Reading through this thread I just realized, that in many (not all) cases I was probably keeping my body plenty warm, and that meant that my hands and feet didn't get cold. The times I wasn't keeping my body warm, I just noticed my hands and feet getting colder before my body felt cold.

I agree.

RPanick:

Ding!

I'd try the Pinnacle Merino Lined Gloves. They have a 5/4mm version and a 4mm Kevlar Palm version. I have the 4mm Kevlar palm type. The special lining makes them much warmer than a regular 4mm glove, but they are still thin and light enough to grip things. I thought the salesman was throwing me a line of bull, but I tried them anyway and am really glad that I did.

Make sure your gloves are not too tight and your wrist seals are not totally cutting off the circulation to your hand, these are often a cause of very cold hands.

I like 7 mm 5 finger gloves that have 5mm index finger and thumb on them, so I can manipulate the controls of my camera. They are fairly long so seal well on my drysuits wrists. I also wear a computer on my right wrist which reduces water flow.

All the comments about a warm core are right on, make sure you are warm including your head and your hands will be warmer. If you are cold the first thing to happen is reduced blood flow to the limbs. As they say in the moumtains if your feet are cold put your hat on.

nwdiver2:
Make sure your gloves are not too tight and your wrist seals are not totally cutting off the circulation to your hand, these are often a cause of very cold hands.

I like 7 mm 5 finger gloves that have 5mm index finger and thumb on them, so I can manipulate the controls of my camera. They are fairly long so seal well on my drysuits wrists. I also wear a computer on my right wrist which reduces water flow.

All the comments about a warm core are right on, make sure you are warm including your head and your hands will be warmer. If you are cold the first thing to happen is reduced blood flow to the limbs. As they say in the moumtains if your feet are cold put your hat on.

Good point from a cold water crew...... I agree with his point...:wink:

Divedoggie:
I just bought a pair from my LDS in Colorado. Do you want the ph. #? I'm sure thaey will send them to you.

PM me.

Where are you located? I live in Gunnison right now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom