warmest wet gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just got a pair of OMS gloves for dry suit, which you can use with your neorpene.
Check those gloves out, i like this gloves a lot, last time i use this gloves the weather conditions were, Water 38F air 18 and let me tell you i had no problems keeping my hands warm.

http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/OMSDSG5.html

I found a picture in this web site.

You have a number of options as others have indicated. I dive under the ice and spend somewhere from 60, 70, 80 to 90 mins underwater that is at 1 C or 34 F. What do I wear?
1)Dacor 3 finger 5 mm neoprene gloves. Using these gloves I can still get to my SPG clip, stage clips, reel or safety spool double enders. I do however try to remember to alternate hands and cary my HID light in both hands during the dive because the metal goodman handle saps away the heat from your hand on the long dives that we do. If you loose the integrity of the glove this is not devastating. We are often twenty to thirty mins swim from the hole so we have to be very careful about equipment failure, and manage this risk the best possiblew way.
Atternatively, if we are diving shallow, less than 60 - 70 feet, I may use dry gloves. If you are diving wet you can still use dry gloves. Which you are probably asking? DUI, SI5, blue dry gloves with wrist seals work really well. They have a liner incorporated into the glove so you just talc up and put your hand in the glove, remove excess air, do a water test then dive. A good number of divers use these gloves with a dry suit and use a small tube or peice of fabric that passes under their dry suit wrist seal and dry glove wrist seal. This then allows them to equalize the glove pressure. I dive dry but avoid the small tube or fabric to equalize because, if I loose the integity of the glove my hand will get soaked and so will my arm. So when dry suit diving, for long dives, when the exit time could be 20 or 30 mins we do not use the little device to equalize the pressure in the glove. I have used these dry gloves, without the little tube, down to 100' and the glove is so squeezed that your hand feels vac packed. It is not painfull. The problem is, there is little or no insulation so your hand will get cold really quickly so I do not advise you to use these gloves below 60 to 70 feet.
Hope this helps
Derrick

I don't like mitts. I have searchrd for a warm wet glove, and I finally found one that made me shelf my Hendersons.
The warmest wet gloves are made by a norwegian company called "Waterproof." They make 3, 5, and 7mm gloves. I got the 5mm, and they are toasty!

Divedoggie:
I don't like mitts. I have searchrd for a warm wet glove, and I finally found one that made me shelf my Hendersons.
The warmest wet gloves are made by a norwegian company called "Waterproof." They make 3, 5, and 7mm gloves. I got the 5mm, and they are toasty!

any links where to find "Waterproof" gloves?

As an alternative, Nordic Blue makes dry gloves with their own latex seals. I don't know if you could manage them with the neoprene wrist seals on the rental suits, but I can tell you that, after asking a lot of questions and polling the board, I have gone to dry gloves and they do (when -- if -- they remain dry) make a huge difference. We have a local shop that carries the Nordic Blue gloves (this is NOT what I bought, but I have my own suit with latex seals). You can look at them at http://www.nordic-blue.com/butik/index.asp?sp=e I understand they can be a challenge to don by yourself.

TSandM:
As an alternative, Nordic Blue makes dry gloves with their own latex seals. I don't know if you could manage them with the neoprene wrist seals on the rental suits, but I can tell you that, after asking a lot of questions and polling the board, I have gone to dry gloves and they do (when -- if -- they remain dry) make a huge difference. We have a local shop that carries the Nordic Blue gloves (this is NOT what I bought, but I have my own suit with latex seals). You can look at them at http://www.nordic-blue.com/butik/index.asp?sp=e I understand they can be a challenge to don by yourself.
A guy at work made some of these by gluing a pair of wrist seals to a pair of Atlas gloves with the cuffs cut down. Yes, they are more difficult to self don.... expecially the second one :D

Divedoggie:
The warmest wet gloves are made by a norwegian company called "Waterproof."

Aha, it appears that the company is actually Swedish! Being a Norwegian-American, I am kind of cranky about such things. :wink: :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom