Warmest 5 mil gloves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Amphiprion

Contributor
Reaction score
Went diving in 50 degree water on saturday with a 1:30 runtime. Drysuit was fine, but my pinnacle 5 mil merino gloves didn't help. When I got out of the water my hands were basically not functioning properly and stung for the rest of the day.

Dry gloves make me uncomfortable because I don't have the option of removal during the dive.

Anyone know if I can find warmer 5 mil gloves or something with either an electric or chemical heating element?

In addition to the aforementioned Fourth Element gloves,

1. Mares Tri-lastic
2. Henderson InstaDry

One other comment - I know the OP has a bunch of dives under their belt, and this may sound obvious, but be sure to get the correct size glove. I had been using a size medium glove for a while, and then switched to a size small, and the difference was huge. Much less water movement, etc. My hands were so much warmer.

I may have quite a few dives under my belt, but not many cold dives.

I hate cold hands and feet. One of the reasons I prefer diving to skiing or deer hunting.

i like xs scuba dry five mm
best ive used other than going dry
i use them up to about this time of year when temps are low 40*
they are a bit hard to get on/off but well worth it
i find them a lot warmer than my henderson 7mm
have fun
yaeg

Mitts, either Poseidon or Waterproof, are significantly warmer than gloves.

Back
Top Bottom