Warhammer-how soon they forget

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lawman

Reaction score
It saddens me to see the name of Dr. Charles Warhammer sullied and bismirched because of an unfortunate accident. The "Chuck" Warhammer I knew ( we all called him "chuck") was a pioneer in SCUBA. Shortly after graduating from an offshore College of Chiropratic ( his grades wern't good enough for one in the states) "Charlie" (as we called him) began to work on his lifes dream: The RectoReg 2000. A regulator so revolutionary that it would rock the SCUBA world. Doc Warhammer (we often called him "Doc") and his conjoined twin Fergus worked for years on the RectoReg 2000. The big SCUBA Show in Miami in 1998 was to be the industry introduction to this revolutionary breathing device when the accident happened. Too much pressure and not enough time. The result was the Warhammer Maneuver and the end of one mans dream.Well, really two if you count Fergus. I met Charles (we sometimes called him "Charles") shortly after the bank had padlocked his workshop and taken the last of his prototypes of the RectoReg 3500..the invention that was to save the company.
A shattered shell of his former self Doc vowed never to dive again.

Yes, a shame. But at least we can all learn from his experience how to handle desperate situations.

And his memory is Blowin' in the Wind.

I don't remember any wind.....and it wasn't really blowing either. More like floating.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom