Wanting to upgrade from my UK C4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

onca2002

Registered
Reaction score
I've been diving with my UK C4 for a couple of years now. Mostly in the great lakes, so I've got alot of silt and alge to deal with. I've been thinking about upgrading to a new light. I use the Ikelite pc-a halogen as a backup and carry it with me everytime I enter the water.

I've been looking at different LED lights. (Would like to go HID, but not wanting to spend $200 + at the moment)

So here is my deliema...do I go...

UK C4 eLED @ $54.00 + Shipping
UK C8 eLED @ $69.00 + Shipping
UK C8 eLED Plus @ $130.00 from LDS

I need a light with a tight beam to cut through the water at night, keeping in mind that most night dives are in freshwater lakes with a lot of particles.

Anyone with experience with these lights under these conditions with any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I own the C8 eLED. I would not say it is a narrow beam. The thing lights up the world and is extremely bright in both the high and low setting. I have not tried it in highly silted water since I'm thinking most night dives will be in the caribbean. I love the light and find it to be extremely bright. It won't be as focused as a HID which seem to be very focused. However if your C4 worked for you, I'd think the C8 would as well.

(bump...)

I also have an original UK C4. Can I just replace the bulbs with the LED assembly replacement part from the C4 eLED? Btw, is the original C4 the same as the C4 Xeon?

(bump...)

I also have an original UK C4. Can I just replace the bulbs with the LED assembly replacement part from the C4 eLED? Btw, is the original C4 the same as the C4 Xeon?

I have been mixing and matching bit from the UK c4 and c8 lineup for years. Not only can you swap the eLED into a regular c4, the same eLED bit can be used for both the C4 and the C8. It has a sensor in it.

Obviously you cannot swap the non LED bits between a c4 and a c8.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom