Wanted to Find - Photoshop Elements 4 (Mac)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MauiScubaSteve

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I really like the look of PSE 4, but a recent reinstall of my operating system caused me to lose my downloaded version; Adobe no longer supports us old customers with a download link.

I have plenty of other Adobe photo products, and Apple photo products, so I'm not interested in paying more than original retail at Amazon, but if someone knows of an old disk no longer being used it's worth a few dollars to me!

did you have any luck on Ebay? I looked at amazon, but ended breaking down and going to the apple store for the latest version. I think it was $80.

Yes, I did score a real disk in the case with the user guide on eBay. There are not very many mac versions of Elements moving through eBay, and E4 mac is even harder to find. It was shipped to me for a grand total of $20.50 :)

E4 is for my PowerBook and Cube. I also found a CS3 Design Premium for my new/refurbished MacBook. The workspace of that full Photoshop has the same lack of background that I like about E4; not institutional or military gray. What I mean is you see your desktop wallpaper with the right and bottom sans border if you so desire; very nice with the clown fish/sea anemone wallpaper. I bought Applecare, 4 gigs of ram, a bigger faster hd and an external case for the stock hd; my new favorite mac geek tossed in the CS3 & more software gratis! Got to love craigslist!

I find my workflow to be easier in E4, so it's not just visual pettiness. The back button is my friend. I did design my disk lable in a trial of Elements 6 and could not have done the same job in E4, but I can make the necessary text edits and print it from E4. CS3 covers future disk lable designs now.

The only reason for me to move away from E4 would be if I can figure out some automation for my processing with a newer or more powerful product. Lightroom and Aperture don't do all the processing I do, so using them would mean using two programs instead of just one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom