For Sale Want to sell and ask some scubaboard members test and review diverig sea60

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bit silly to call one part or the other the correct part to unscrew. Not like it came with any kind of instructions on how to use. Why even thread it in two places if you’re not meant to undo one? Or put some red locktite, etc etc

The piece I unscrewed is clearly rolled (for grip, like a barbell, why else?)

Attachments

• A3F44C1F-B555-4CAE-ADA8-D775FAFAFB52.jpeg
    A3F44C1F-B555-4CAE-ADA8-D775FAFAFB52.jpeg
    111.3 KB · Views: 48
Bit silly to call one part or the other the correct part to unscrew. Not like it came with any kind of instructions on how to use. Why even thread it in two places if you’re not meant to undo one? Or put some red locktite, etc etc

The piece I unscrewed is clearly rolled (for grip, like a barbell, why else?)
Having the back cap threaded is odd but likely makes it cheaper to manufacturer. A dual o-ring there would have been better. TBH I just grabbed mine by the middle and top and twisted. Never even entered my mind that the back cap could come undone until now.

If it was leaking around the power button too it might not even matter which end was unscrewed.

Yes. Actually the real part is NOT allowed to open. You can see here is more tight.
1670566706706.png

The reason is for easy productions. Just open in the middle part.

Given the choice of opening a part with one o-ring versus opening a part with two o-rings....why would you choose the one-o-ring opening?

Yes. Actually the real part is NOT allowed to open. You can see here is more tight.
View attachment 757757
The reason is for easy productions. Just open in the middle part.
It might be good to clarify in the advertisements or product description or instruction sheet that the proper opening is in the middle, not the end. To be fair to ZR1, until this thread there has been no mention anywhere of how to open the light.

It might be good to clarify in the advertisements or product description or instruction sheet that the proper opening is in the middle, not the end. to be fair to ZR1, until this thread there has been no mention anywhere of how to open the light.
I just grabbed and twisted the two parts. There is clearly a difference in material between body and head. Grab each one and go.

Yeah, blaming the user for janky manufacturing/design is a poor choice.

If it's not meant to come apart, it should not come apart. If it is, it should have a double oring seal.

Back
Top Bottom