For Sale Want to sell and ask some scubaboard members test and review diverig sea60

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The switch is the weak point on all lights it seems. I gave mine to my buddy when he forgot his but it’s still working great.

What was your o-ring cleaning procedure prior to the dive?
None really. Out of the box it came with a light film of grease applied, I just watched the o ring carefully as I screwed it down to make sure I wasn’t pinching it

There is only one o-ring sealing off the battery compartment, I was expecting at least 2 or something similar to my dive rite cx2

I don’t know if the light flooded first through the power button or the battery lid

There are 2 on that light if I remember correctly. My first one is at the bottom of Puget Sound. I'll check my replacement when I get home. FWIW I've never take the front lens insert out, only the back compartment for the batteries.

After looking at your last photo I think I may see a problem. Did you unscrew the bottom cap off of the body? The top (part with lens and LEDs) unscrews from the body (tube that holds the battery tray). If that's the case then you may have compromised the factory seal at that junction. Just a thought.

So today was my first dive of the trip in Cozumel & the light flooded.

Once I hit the bottom @ 50’ I pulled the light out of my BCD pocket and saw it had flooded (less than 1 minute into the dive…) There was a steady stream of bubbles coming out from the power button & the rear threaded cap and there was clearly liquid (which had turned brown) next to the LED’s. And I saw all these weird white spots on the exterior which weren’t previously there.

After the dive it leaked this gross brown sludge inside my dry bag, I’m not sure if that came from the 18650 batteries or as a result of some kind of chemical reaction with the ocean water.

Even though it was only $80 (and the cost of the batteries) I’m still a bit disappointed it didn’t even last 1 dive at under 50 ft.

View attachment 757466
Should be 2 o rings and should separate from the light head. I have used my 2 lights on 15 dives here in Cozumel and no issues.

Attachments

• IMAG0664.jpg
    IMAG0664.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 49
After looking at your last photo I think I may see a problem. Did you unscrew the bottom cap off of the body? The top (part with lens and LEDs) unscrews from the body (tube that holds the battery tray). If that's the case then you may have compromised the factory seal at that junction. Just a thought.
Yes, he unscrewed the wrong part. There are two o-rings at the correct junction on the light, where the light head meets the battery compartment. I don't know if the bottom even comes off, but it certainly does not need to.

On the one I had there was a very short rear cap that gave access to the battery pack
202979D7-44D3-43B3-B982-3EFCD14EDCCA.jpeg

I wish I had mine here to check, maybe the front was to tight, none the less no problem with mine.

I wish I had mine here to check, maybe the front was to tight, none the less no problem with mine.
I think the key is one o-ring on the rear, but two in the middle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom