Want To Dive Venice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did VB in a 3mil shorty under a 3mil john/jacket for 120 minutes in 57 degree water.

Once.

i'm okay with cold, i've been in 65 degree water with a full 5mil but no gloves or hood, so i'm going to plan this trip smartly to make it as productive as possible.

stu_in_fl:
last weekend was fine ...(but haven't been there since saturday)

I'm planning on checking it out in the morning unless I hear otherwise from someone who says it's bad. I'll post on the conditions by tomorrow afternoon.

ReefGuy:
I did VB in a 3mil shorty under a 3mil john/jacket for 120 minutes in 57 degree water.

Once.

- you are a better man than me!

Diversolo, reports for VB don't look promsiing for this weekend. Be sure to give a report, though, if you decide to go.

Sharkboy, sounds like you should do ok in your 5mil, just throw in a hood. I don't wear gloves on this dive. Personally, I'm going dry.

UB, I wouldn't say better. Dumber maybe. When I got out, I couldn't move my hands (I don't wear gloves here). Took a LONG time to get warm after that.

Well, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. No dead fish on the beach and no obvious odor until you were almost in the water. Vis was zero near the beach due to the algae in the water, but opened up to 4-5 feet out at depth. No fish or other life was evident, so it probably is/will be getting worse. There were quite a few tourist bathers in the water at the beach park, so that's when I decided to make a go of it. Went in at Alhambra and even though I rinsed my gear pretty well when I got out, I could still smell it in my van on the way home. It's soaking in my pool right now. I'd have to say that I have a fairly high tolerance for stuff in the water, so another diver may turn up their nose at the same conditions. I haven't dove in over a week, so unless it was really bad, I was gonna get wet. If you need me, I'll be over in the DA forum working on my 12 step program...LOL

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom