Want to Blow Bubbles then Sip Suds?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

El Cid

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I mentioned this last weekend after Kim's B-day dives, but 1/24/09 is shaping up to be an awesome day. First of all, this time of year is when the lemon sharks congregate in Jupiter, and last weekend I saw I would say 6 (but I could have seen the last two a second time), as well as some good turtle and ray sightings. So I'll be planning on splashing in with Jupiter Dive Center that morning to have a little fun with the big critters.
Then following the dive about 5 miles from the shop, in Abacoa town center, is Jupiter Brewfest. From 2pm-7pm, there are over 100 craft beers, a best dressed monk competition, live music, the ever popular silent disco, and did I mention a lot of good beers? Being a beer hound, I've already got my ticket, but if anyone is interested, I can try to set up a group dive the morning prior if anyone is interested. As for the afternoon festivities, tickets are limited, so consider reserving early. If you're interested in the dive, let me know, and if you're going to brewfest, I'll see you while we're off-gassing and inbibing.

so long as the weather holds, I'm up for it - even if the diving gets blown out (its that time of year), I'd be interested in the Brewfest

If you want to dive PM me w/ your name and I can call to get on the same boat - great idea; beer and diving - If I can find a way to incorporate cigars into that day I've died and gone to heaven!

Angry Moon Cigar shop in Abacoa. Done, Done, and Done!!!!

Hmmmm... diving with JDC, then beer and a cigar sounds awfully nice to me as well. I'm not the greatest beer fan in the world, but a nice stout after a dive, followed by an Avo XO Maestoso (punched, not cut!) is sounding pretty d*mned sweet to me.

I have one possible conflict that weekend, will know in the next two weeks. Otherwise count me in.

>*< Fritz

That sounds interesting. I better check my schedule.

Hmmmm... diving with JDC, then beer and a cigar sounds awfully nice to me as well. I'm not the greatest beer fan in the world, but a nice stout after a dive, followed by an Avo XO Maestoso (punched, not cut!) is sounding pretty d*mned sweet to me.

I have one possible conflict that weekend, will know in the next two weeks. Otherwise count me in.

>*< Fritz
yum!!!!

(But make mine a La Gloria Serie R #6 Maduro - I think I'll have one tonight, right after dinner!)

Then following the dive about 5 miles from the shop, in Abacoa town center, is Jupiter Brewfest. From 2pm-7pm, there are over 100 craft beers, a best dressed monk competition, live music, the ever popular silent disco, and did I mention a lot of good beers? Being a beer hound, I've already got my ticket, but if anyone is interested, I can try to set up a group dive the morning prior if anyone is interested. As for the afternoon festivities, tickets are limited, so consider reserving early. If you're interested in the dive, let me know, and if you're going to brewfest, I'll see you while we're off-gassing and inbibing.

Now this is the kind of crap that gives y'all so-called scuba macho men a bad rep. The responsible thing would be to have a very dry Martini followed by your "suds." Damned Cossacks!

Gee, I don't get to dive too often (cough, cough), so I'd love to make the bubbles and suds party. I think I'll forgo the cigar bit, though. I'll call JDC tomorrow and have them put my name down for the same boat you guys will be on. Woo Hoo!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom