wanna know what real romance is ?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I met my wife on the internet because of diving. I listed in my old AOL profile that I was a diver and while she was looking through the profiles she noticed I mentioned diving as one of my hobbies, since she was a diver too she emailed me and we started chatting. We lived no where near eachother so it was nothing more then emails and phone calls for about 2 1/2 years until I moved to Florida near where her Father lives. She came down to visit him shortly after I moved here and we made a date. Our 4 year anniversory is August 23rd. :kissy:

I tried to get her to agree to an underwater wedding in the Keys but she's more the traditional type and wanted to get married on the beach at sunset. Not a bad thing, but maybe I can get her to renew our vows underwater in the future.

Scott

Hay, I lived in Up State South Carolina when my now wife contacted me about diving. I lived 5 hours from the ocean and the only water around was a man made lake about an hour away that was dark and cold so anything is possible.

Scott

my GF and I keep seeing the ad for getting married in the Caymans, with the Rev and the married couple going UW with scuba gear on, have you seen it???

My GF is a non-diver, and she has made it perfectly clear that she will never get married like that...

I am jealous of all you guys with diving GF or wives...

I wish my GF would dive... LOL...

Underwater proposal sounds great.... but you'd better make sure it's in shallow waters, so in years to come she can't say "I only said yes because I was narced"

I plan to take my girl (when one materializes) to 150' to propose. That way I'll be narced and can claim temporary insanity... of course, so can she! Just teasing, it sounds awesome. The honeymoon underwater too (five fathom club?)... better be in tropical waters.

Know I get kind of romantic this time of year when I see all the garibaldi, Kellet whelk, black sea bass and others courting. It must be contagious.

Clootie- nice dive apparel! How deep can you go in that?

Dr. Bill
always a smile and a laugh... but is he laughing at you?

What a wonderful way to start a life together. May you have many years of happiness. Best of luck.

Marie

Ah Dr Bill-san, when watching the autumn leaves fall in Kyoto, life itself is very deep :yinyang:

Sadly the rental shop just wouldn't let me take it in the water. ;-0

Perhaps just as well - I think the wig might interfere with my mask seal, and getting the fins on over the clogs could be tad tricky (walking on them was enough of a challenge). Not to mention my flutter kick, while the only option, would be even more feeble than usual.

I would love to be proposed to/get married underwater...but I'm in the same boat as drbill...just gotta find him.

drbill, any thoughts of coming to Hawaii?:D

LUBOLD8431 once bubbled...
my GF and I keep seeing the ad for getting married in the Caymans, with the Rev and the married couple going UW with scuba gear on, have you seen it???

My GF is a non-diver, and she has made it perfectly clear that she will never get married like that...

I am jealous of all you guys with diving GF or wives...

I wish my GF would dive... LOL...

DUde I'm in your boat....wife cannot dive (inner ear issues)....but we make the best of it. She nags and says I'm going to run off with some skinny blonde I meet at a dive site.....but she knows better....and she thinks I'm just out partying with the boys...which we do, but afterwards.

I want to take her with me on one of my weekend mud-hole trips for a number of reasons

1) so she sees all the skinny blondes there....:wink:
2) so she gets to see how much work my buddy and I put into making just 'fun' dives happen
3) and lastly so she can be three to party with us afterwards too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom