wanna know what real romance is ?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ssdiver2003

Reaction score
i have been with a beautiful woman for almost 3 years, and we share alot of the same interests,including diving...by the way,we had met over the internet...
Last weekend,we went camping and diving in beautiful KENORA-Canada.on Monday 29.06.2003,while about 25 feet under water checking out a wreck " THE MATHERS", i proposed to my now official fiancee...i even had the rings with me,hiding in my wetsuit-jacket...best thing...SHE KNEW ABSOLUTELY NOTHIN...i had this planned for about 4 weeks,incl. the rings...NOW, THAT IS A ROMANTIC WAY TO PROPOSE...TRY TOPPING THAT !!!
by the way, she accepted... :)

ps: please dont bann me because i am a guy...LOL ;-0

Just out of curiousity...How does one propose under water? (wave the rings at her?)

Congrats!

(I've been hitched fer 16.5 yrs...)

That's perfect for a diving couple :thumb: Since we had been married for over 25 years when we got certified, we renewed our vows underwater with the help of our diving friends on Diverlink. It's a special event filled with friends that I'll always remember.

but I'd be happy to propose to the right woman underwater... just as soon as I meet her! Of course she has to dive, and know the hand signals for "I'm proposing".

On the Internet eh? Have yet to meet a diver that way, but I'm trying. Congratulations.

Dr. Bill

drbill once bubbled...
but I'd be happy to propose to the right woman underwater... just as soon as I meet her! Of course she has to dive, and know the hand signals for "I'm proposing".

On the Internet eh? Have yet to meet a diver that way, but I'm trying. Congratulations.

Dr. Bill
Awwwhhh, DrBill with your sense of humor and all 'round charm you don't have women drooling over you?
I have met a couple of dive buddies on the internet, but none that are single......

Scuba_jenny...

I think (hope) it is because I live on a "remote" island and there are few career opportunities for a woman (or a man) here unless they are writers or something like that.

I have several great women buddies, all involved with someone (husbands or BF's)... nice to know I can be trusted since they usually come out here alone and stay at my place.

Catalina is a great place to dive, but not always a great place to live... small town with usual "politics" and very limited selection of possible mates.

As always looking for the "right" one,

Dr. Bill

The ones that meet on the internet tend to be non-divers that are fascinated by the fact that I go underwater. I've met a couple of friends that way, but not anything that would fall under romance.

If must have been cold when she took off that wetsuit glove to put on the engagement ring. LOL I hope that all goes well.

diverbrian once bubbled...
The ones that meet on the internet tend to be non-divers that are fascinated by the fact that I go underwater. I've met a couple of friends that way, but not anything that would fall under romance.

If must have been cold when she took off that wetsuit glove to put on the engagement ring. LOL I hope that all goes well.

hi,
actually you are right,when we met on the internet,we both had nothing to do with diving,i got into it first and then finally my fiancee started it too( sure took some talking and convincing though)...as for the ring, i wrote everything on my dive-slate and put the ring on her finger at the surface...water was warm though...LOL:eek:ut:

a couple from my dive club got engaged under water, the guy scribbled down the question on his slate, he doesnt use it anymore, i think he decided to save it :)

That is really nice,
I witnessed a marriage ceremony underwater, it was great when the priest announced them husband and wife.
A few months ago, I was at the barbershop and a guy gave his girlfriend a bag and asked her to open it. When she opened it, she found the ring inside and he proposed to her.
No body can top your proposal, but no one can bottom his.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom