Wanna dive Saturday 5/17 @ the Breakwater or MacAbee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sarita75

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So, who's up for some diving on Saturday? I haven't been diving for a while now - geez, like 6 weeks so it is high time I got back in the water. I would be interested in doing something relatively low key - Breakwater or MacAbee although I've not dove MacAbee yet, so there's your disclosure. :D

I want to dive Saturday! I'm a morning person and have no troubles getting up early and driving an hour or so to dive. Sarah, I've sent you a PM with my contact info.

I would be interested in doing something relatively low key - Breakwater or MacAbee

Sounds perfect! :) I've dove Breakwater once for open water class and haven't dove MacAbee yet. Anyone else interested?

Sounds good Katherine! I am fine doing whatever, but would love to spend sometime tooling around the kelp at the Breakwater and perhaps try to find the Metridium. Up to you though. I'd love to try MacAbee but, for some reason, have some internal hiccup (for lack of a better word) about trying out new sites without someone whose dove there before. Yeah, I know. Weird.

Perhaps others will join us?

Ive done McAbee a few times with Jeff and Jessica. In general its alright, granted id almost say I like Breakwater better. The parking, facilities, and IMHO 'wild' life is much better at Breakwater.

Ill give it another go or so and see if I can get a few hours Sat to at least attempt a Metridium dive. We got lostish the last time and were low on air pretty quick once there.

I'd love to try MacAbee but, for some reason, have some internal hiccup (for lack of a better word) about trying out new sites without someone whose dove there before. Yeah, I know. Weird.

Not weird at all. I feel the same way so my vote is for Breakwater.

Great! We'll plan on the BW unless someone else chimes in and wants to guide us around MacAbee! :D

hi

Id be interested, but ill need to double check my availability... what kinda time were you thinking?

Oh, and im 5 for 5 hit for Metridium Fields, although it is a fairly long trip out along the pipe... gas gets a little low and we normally end up turning the dive after 5 minutes or so at the field. a dive along the wall is always a good one though, in my experience.

Ill let you all know!

The real trick is to drop down at end of the pipe. Theres some lining up you have to do, but assuming you get close, you can drop down, find the end of the pipe (vis helps a ton) and then swing right to the field. Saving all the pipe air. Then you can do a longer swim back along the pipe, or get back in a safer area then surface and spend longer at the fields.

We did the swim to the end of the pipe trick, but vis was about 5 feet and it was overcast. Once we made it out to where the field is though vis opened up to around 25 feet.

yeah, we tried that but ended up just using the sea-doo scooters... get to see stuff on the pipe and at the fields, saves about 20 minutes worth of gas.

although mine flooded and is kia, so ive been kicking it ever since

Back
Top Bottom