"walmart" undergarment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

another great idea i will check Scuba toys. What type of fleece pull over do you use?
@Groobie85: I use the Pioneer fleece top (100% polyester) which came "free" with my Bare Nex-Gen from Divetank.com (no longer in existence). Scubatoys used to sell this 100g fleece, but it's been out-of-stock for quite some time now. (I think Scubatoys purchased Divetank's remaining inventory when Divetank closed down.) The fleece layers perfectly underneath my Bare T-100. I haven't seen this particular fleece being sold anywhere else, although I'm sure you could find a comparable midweight fleece at REI, Campmor, or your favorite local sporting goods store.

In addition, I wear a base layer of polypropylene underwear to wick away sweat from my skin. The polypro gets washed frequently but the other undergarments...not so much. Since laundering Thinsulate clothing can diminish the insulating properties, I don't wash the T-100 very often. This layering system seems to work for me. :)

Whatever you use, make sure that your flexibility isn't compromised by layering the garments. This may mean experimenting a little with the sizing of the various layers.

Good luck!

May want to read this over at The Deco Stop. Start on post #14. saxplayer1004 provides some good information.
@Scott: Thanks for bringing that thread to our attention. saxplayer1004 is truly a wealth of info. He also has an account here on SB. One of my buddies really likes the Fourth Element Arctic that he just bought. He's quite warm in our local waters with polypro underwear + FE Arctic + Fusion drysuit. If I had to buy a new undergarment today, I'd probably give the FE Arctic a try. It's expensive, but probably worth it.

I wear my (synthetic) ski layers. Their wicking properties and warmth, and my flexibility when wearing them, are already known quantities, and I enjoy the simplicity and streamline in using my layers year-round :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom